1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gigabyte boasts of motherboards' 4K capabilities

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Nov 2012.

1. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Meh, who cares. IB will be long retired before anyone much cares that HD4000 can draw a 4K screen (never mind actually doing something with that screen.)

Personally, I think the manufacturers would be wise to hold off on even talking about 4K for another year or two. Otherwise they'll get a backlash - "I just bought the digital hi-def TV and now it's already outdated etc etc" Sort of like I saw with Blu-Ray - I still talk to people at work that are annoyed by Blu-Ray, having 'just' (in their minds, anyway) bought everything on DVD, now the studios think they should pay again for Blu-Ray?

Bleeding-edgers are different, of course, and there's probably a fair number here on bit. I'm talking house-in-the-suburbs, couple-of-kids-and-a-dog, reality-tv-watching sorts, who have zero understanding of technology and paid Best Buy or whoever $100 to come plug their TV in for them.