1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Source Gmail

Discussion in 'Software' started by will_123, 2 Aug 2012.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

[​IMG]

Any way to get rid of that stupid thing on the right? I want more room for my email to appear.
    I dont want to add store to my circles i want more room to view my email? I cant be the only one that wants this....? Any help..?

Thanks

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

They use that part for advertising. Unlikely to be removed. Seeing as you don't pay for it, I'd say it's a fair compromise.

3. will_123

There is no advertising there next to any of my emails. Just asks me every time to add the person to my circles. Its just annoying to have it crammed in I usually use a desktop client just checking to see if I could make the change.

It was merely a question to see if it can be changed, I know I don't pay for it. But I can easily move to another service which in turn could make me jump from other Google services ( Android, Drive, etc). So they will benefit from changing this service to suit its users imo.

At work its a smaller screen and its annoying. Home its not so much an issue.

4. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

if you can figure out the what "frame" it is you can use css to "show:none" with stylish

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Firefox with AdBlock?

If you're not viewing their ads, how will they benefit? Also, you'll remain a user of theirs through their other systems anyway.

Yeah I can understand this. However work only have to provide enough for the job. If Gmail is part of the job, then it might be worth bringing it up at a meeting.

I'm not trying to purposely wind you up here, I'm just genuinely trying to put forward points from both sides. :) Hope that comes across, and that you can see I'm not saying it for the sake of arguing. :)

(Also, are you aware you can click on the little cog in the top right and choose the Compact setting for more screen space?)

6. will_123

Sorry running ad block ha! But chrome

Nope is not just me mucking about my gmail at work. Your right its for the ads but because ad block is on cant see them. So this will never ever be unfortunately. No thanks for the input mate

Oh im no web dev not going that far to try and remove it but thanks alot though!

Thanks

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I don't have that thing on the side, perhaps check account settings Labs and see if something is enabled that does that, all my Labs are disabled?

Tags: