Multi Google Stadia

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 6 Jun 2019.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's almost like trusting Google to not sunset their products without warning is a fools errand.

I'm waiting for them to ditch Google Drive or Gmail or something. Just out of the blue "Nah, cba." style.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

From what I've heard, it's literally a management problem - like when Microsoft kept firing the bottom ten per cent of its staff, regardless of their actual performance.

Basically, in Google you don't exist unless you build A Thing. So, everyone wants to build A Thing. What A Thing is doesn't matter, just that you build it. It doesn't have to address a need; it doesn't even have to be something Google doesn't already have.

That's how it ended up with... like, three? four? messaging services all running simultaneously. Because the fact that Google already had messaging services didn't matter, someone had built A Thing that did messaging.

Then nobody maintains A Thing because they're too busy building their own... and it gets canned. Lather, rinse, repeat.

EDIT:
    See the Google Graveyard. Scroll down. Keep scrolling. Keep scrolling. Keeeeeeeep scrolling... you're about a tenth the way down, right?

liratheal likes this.
  3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So just last week I was checking my options for playing Skull and Bones and without stealing one of the kid's consoles, the only other option was Stadia through my Macbook Pro using chrome. They let you trial games for a certain amount of hours which I did! MacBook Pro to TV, Xbox controller connected through Bluetooth to the Macbook pro and it actually worked bloody well, like really well.

Destiny was absolutely perfect without any lag, unless you knew what to look for you wouldn’t have known you weren’t playing through a console.

My main reason for using stadia instead of a console is like above… I have the odd game I want to play which doesn’t really warrant an expensive console purchase. (which I bought in the end anyway), it’s nice to know we have the technology available to stream games perfectly now through. Geforce now is the alternative but I haven't looked into that.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

And that ever lengthening list is why as soon as it was announced ppl were wondering when stadia would join it.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

David likes this.
Tags: