GTR 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 20 Oct 2006.

1. Pyr0

Pyr0 What's a Dremel?

Excellent, thanks for the reply :)
    Now I just need to decide which one to get, hehehe, the MOMO wheel looks like it might be a more solid build *shrug* but i'm not sure
    It's funny (or not) that on the Logitech site, the wheels are roughly the same price in dollars, but over here in the UK the DriveFX is about £20 cheaper.

2. dom_

dom_ --->

3. RTT

RTT #parp

yep

4. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I love GTR, one of the best racing games I've ever played as far as realism goes. I played the demo of GTR2 and it felt like the driving physics weren't as good. It seemed a lot easier than the first. But I love playing these games on my force feedback sidewinder set.

Like the review says, you really have to have a steering wheel. In the first one, you couldn't keep from spinning out in the higher horsepower cars. 100% throttle or none just doesn't work in a simulator.

EDIT:

I want that so bad. That's the coolest racing wheel package I've seen. Besides that, all I would need is the cockpit frame and racing seat.

5. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

The first was tougher than the new one by default as most of the "helper" setting are enabled. I find it a touch too easy, but that's all good cause it's crazy configurable.

I'll be putting the pc in the living room over the weekend to do some "couch" gaming. This will be first on the list!

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

7. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Well, i'm thankful that there's clutch support here. I mean, after going from TOCA 3 where i had full manual + clutching, games just didn't seem the same when shifting became the art of just tapping gears...

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

^ You'll be blown away if you think TOCA 3 is realistic.

I hated that game, but I love GT Legends/GTR 2, you NEED a wheel for it though. :)

9. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

whats with comparing to flight simulator in the flight sim world thats the Unrealistic arcadey flight sim and xplane is the one for the realism junkies :p

10. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Whilst not a realistic driving game fan I must say I love the new games reviews at bit-tech. I don't go to any other techy sites really so it's great to get a bit of everything right here - cheers guys!

11. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

Im confused with the fact that you find option to control with mouse disgusting??? I play live for speed with mouse and it only took me a few days to accustomise to it seriously try it for longer than 5 minutes :D

12. SGPSupraman

SGPSupraman What's a Dremel?

13. tecate

tecate What's a Dremel?

Glad there's a good sim for those who love this kind of stuff. Great review.

I personally prefer something like Burnout Takedown for consoles or Trackmania Sunrise for PC. I own both of them and love them to death.

14. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

I'm bumping this to compete w/ the Forza 2 review. I've played both for extended periods of time and as a racing fan would have given them 9 GTR 2, 8 Forza 2. Forza's a blast to play w/ a friend on a couch, but the visuals are a bit less sharp and at times detract from the race. This is obviously not a problem playing 1920x1080p, 4X AA on the PC. The physics and overall feel of the race always seem to draw me in a bit further on GTR 2. You know it's a good game when you forget how long you've been playing, right?

FWIW, there's a Logitech MOMO force for $60 + shipping from provantage. Not sure about the UK shopping tho. :D

http://www.provantage.com/logitech-963282-0403~7LGTC960.htm

15. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

That one's not a patch on the original MOMO though... [​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags