1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GTX 480 Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blogins, 15 Apr 2012.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Scottish Edition, for people in Scotland. The heatsink doubles as a deep fat fryer.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I had similar issues with driver crashes, but works fine now i've gone back to 295.73. also i've had no end of problems recently with random firefox crashes and flashplayer crashes. if it doesn't get sorted soon, i might have to go over to chrome.

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

LOL :rock:

The SE is a Gigabyte "Special Edition" model which has a fancy non-reference PCB with lots of LEDs and other silly things on it. Overclocks like a monster though and the cooler is extremely quiet.

I've no idea what driver I'm running... been ages since I updated it. And I used Explorer briefly because I got so fed up of Firefox crashing that I binned it and reinstalled it. :D

4. allanparker

allanparker What's a Dremel?

when NVIDIA was willing to talk about the gaming-oriented hardware and applications of the first Fermi GPU: GF100. We found out it would be significantly different from the GT200 GPU powering NVIDIA’s GTX200 series, that NVIDIA was going to break up the traditional fixed-function pipeline and at the same time take a particularly keen interest in tessellation.

5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Still not sure what's going on with my GTX480 - I've just updated my drivers the laborious way (uninstall, clean, reboot, update, reboot) and hopefully that will sort my problems.

For the life of me I can't get a video signal out of the first DVI output, but that may change with this driver update.

May have to do a fresh install of Windows...

EDIT: that did the trick! First reboot and no problems; PC actually feels snappier, so I'm thinking the driver was corrupted or that silly Gigabyte OC software was just a burden. Back in love with my GTX480 once again LOL :D

Last edited: 24 Jul 2012