1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress GuardianStorm's FS2 (PS2 PC) - 27/02/08 - Finished!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by GuardianStorm, 16 Dec 2007.

1. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

Funny someone should revive this thread today, as this weekend i modified the FS2 slightly; it now has usb sockets in the PS2's front holes, and the cabling has been re soldered/shortened.

It still needs more cooling though, one 30mm fan in the back really isnt enough, but there is no space for bigger fans (tried to fit the three fans out of a Corsair Dominator Airflow module into the case; didn't fit :()

2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

That looks like a pretty damn clean mod, good job:)

Hard luck on the fan though:(

3. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Wow, excellent work. What use are you putting it to now?

I've seen someone else try this before but it was no where nearly as well executed as this...

4. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

I use it to play my audio, using Foobar2000, an ATI Remote wonder control, a usb Audigy 2NX and a nice GUI i wrote to tie it all together.

I tried running XBMC on it, but the inbuilt gpu is not up to it :( and XMBC doesn't seem to like 7.1/my Audigy 2NX

5. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Damn, really? I was hoping to get XBMC on a similar system... I suppose I'll be needing an extra PCI graphics card then :sigh:

Did you get any problems at all getting an OS on it? I was thinking either Ubuntu or perhaps even XP...

Tags: