Motors Guess the car

Discussion in 'General' started by lex90, 31 Jan 2009.

1. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Yeah, was gonna say, it's a C111.. The question is, who's the winner? I think it's actually DM, not sure guessing the manufacturer's enough. But, Mac, buck the trend and make this one us poor mortals can identify!

2. woody_294

woody_294 Wizard Ninja :P

Yup DM Cheesecake

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yeah I didn't have time to sort out the model had to answer the phone, I'll leave the poster to decide who got it.

4. woody_294

woody_294 Wizard Ninja :P

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Ok I'll do a easy one I'm sure dm will get this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Aug 2010
  6. PureSilver

Bentley Continental GT Supersports. Sorry for spoiling the pattern. Shall I add another one and wait for DM to get it?

[EDIT]OK, DM, fire up. If someone else gets this I've got another one in the wings...

[​IMG]
    [/EDIT]

7. Double Mac

Double Mac Outdoor Miner

Hmm, looks like this 2009 MINI Coupe Concept.

Well, if woody – as Bumsrush initially thought – had actually posted a DeLorean, there would’ve been no need to specify the model, as the brand is practically synonymous with the 1981-83 DMC-12 (although I’ve seen some relevant modern concepts but I’m not sure whether these even qualify as official styling proposals). The Mercedes answer, however, was a bit too general. Even though the C111 model range is indisputably distinctive, I still felt it obligatory to pinpoint the exact variant, as about 4 generations were introduced (if I’m not mistaken).

Finally, I felt, uhm, morally justified in claiming the prize because I had been familiar with the striking C111-II all along (having identified it elsewhere a mere month before – it’s cool to be able to provide a proof, eh? :D) so I would’ve nailed it without Bumsrush’s pointer anyway.

OK, assuming everyone’s cool with me finally getting to post a car (after 2 unscrupulously hijacked turns, dammit!), here’s the next puzzle:

[​IMG]

Yes, it’s certainly old but 1) it’s a manufacturer you’ve all heard of, 2) it (including this particular coachwork) qualifies as a low-volume production model, and 3) it’s one of the most beautiful designs of the era so I’d say it’s simply something worth knowing. The chassis number is not required. :D

8. PureSilver

1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta, owned by Jon Shirley, winner of 58th Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance "Most Elegant Closed Car", "Best in Class" and "Best in Show" awards, chassis number 412035.

[EDIT]OK, and here's a very, very easy and distinctive car. I'm only posting it to bring attention to it...

[​IMG]

[/EDIT]

9. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Well, based on the taillights alone, I would say 2006-~ Honda Civic Si

10. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

looks like this one:

[​IMG]

local motors' rally fighter car.

i really hope this one isnt too obscure to guess correctly. and im sorry those are not original wheels but i couldnt find a decent image w/originals. everything else is factory.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Aug 2010
  11. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Ford Explorer Mk1?

12. alastor

alastor Minimodder

I'm going to guess a Ford Ranger MkII based on that :p

13. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Looks like they share the front end so we both might have a chance. Though it seems a little too easy.......

IT'S A TRAP! etc....

:D

14. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

it was indeed a second gen ranger. "GT" was the keyword i was going for, but i wont torture you guys with sub-models on my first try :D

[​IMG]

i was hoping the front bumper would tip it off :lol:

15. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Dammit, so close :) and well done alastor!

16. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Wouldn't have got it without your prompt, the grill didn't look right for an Explorer so I went with a Ranger but didn't have enough time to find out any more detail before I went out.

This should be an interesting one, no doubt DM will get it pretty sharpish if he's around though.

[​IMG]

17. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

*squints* Is that a Nissan badge next to the wheelarch?

18. Double Mac

Double Mac Outdoor Miner

It’s a 1963 Acadian Beaumont (this one appears to be a convertible). Not sure if it was sold as a Pontiac during that particular year but the most important thing to remember is: (Pontiac) Acadians were basically Chevy Novas rebadged (and slightly restyled) for the Canadian market.

EDIT: That was a pretty cool puzzle but I had thought of that before (that’s why I’ve learned to keep rebadged variants in mind ever since) – except the Acadian I used in order to ensnare an unsuspecting friend was a 3rd gen (around 1970) which looked practically identical to the Nova!

Alright, a stunning front meets a decidedly disappointing rear design. You don’t wanna know what the rear looked like so here’s a bit of that amazing front instead:

[​IMG]

19. PureSilver

I'd say that front end looks French... Like a Citroën Ami 8. Ergh. I search...

[EDIT]Well, European. 1966 Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint Zagato.[/EDIT]

[EDIT]OK, new toy. What am I?

[​IMG]

[/EDIT]

20. Double Mac

Double Mac Outdoor Miner

That looks like a post-1952 Nash-Healey, sporting a Pininfarina-revised design which updated the (originally somewhat generic-looking) model with those unique tailfins, apart from other eye-catching additions s/a the intriguingly placed headlights.

EDIT:

Just for the record, the gray (although those concours-worthy cars keep being painted and repainted so I can’t blame you for getting confused) specimen I posted appears to be a 412036. The same car that – despite being deprived of its twin Roots superchargers in order to meet the event’s requirements – famously won the 1947 Mille Miglia with Clemente Biondetti behind the wheel, placing in front of Nuvolari’s Cisitalia 202 SMM Spider. After a lengthy restoration process (which you can read about here) it did win the Pebble Beach ‘Best in Class’ award, albeit in 2006. The photo I helped myself to was taken during the Meadow Brook Concours d’Elegance held on the outskirts of Detroit in August 2007. You can find some more info (in Spanish) and pics here.

Oh yeah… here’s the next puzzle:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Aug 2010