1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Halo 4- Game Nights, Planning

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 6 Jun 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

NEED HALO MOVIE. NAO.

Holy crap, that was the most immense 17 minutes of game-related video I've ever seen! I can't freaking wait to play this game!

Squeeeeeee :D

That's not really heresy at all, the Halo series are the only games worth a damn to me on any console - it was the first game that I ever played on a console (my first Xbox came with a "paper sleeve" bundled copy of CE back in '01 :D) and they are the only games that I want to play on a console for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong, I'll be a PC gamer until the day they put me in the ground, but Bungie and Halo have given me an almost immeasurable amount of fun and enjoyment over the years despite all the things that I don't like about console gaming - especially online multiplayer. I've been loving Reach (well, 90% of the time anyway!) for the past 11 months and have no doubt that my 2013 will be full of H4 action with plenty of Reach thrown in for good measure ;)

Last edited: 4 Nov 2012
  2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Release is now in 25 Hours, 10 mins for us Brits :thumb:

Sam

3. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

The live series completely re-ignited my desire to play some Halo. Not sure how long this euphoria will last....but I'm now planning on picking this up at midnight tonight:)

4. Unicorn

My local Game store are playing the Halo soundtrack all day :D

5. samkiller42

Best track from the album is Arrival, Period!! Still deciding whether to go t Game at midnight or wait till morning.

Sam

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

My copy arrived today so I'm diving in; looking forward to see how it's progressed with the new dev.

7. Unicorn

I leave for Game at 11, it's about 35 minutes away from here - just getting the standard copy from them, I've got a LE copy pre-ordered from an eBay seller which will arrive by the end of the week :thumb:

8. Unicorn

Arrived at the shopping centre, there's an impressive queue of about 100 people here already and it's only half past! :D

I was playing Reach MP with a team of 7 from my friends list/friends of my friends since about 7 this evening. Silliness ensued, this was the last time most of them were going to be playing Reach ever lol, so there were lots of hilarious games, most of which we still managed to win! :p

Last edited: 5 Nov 2012
  9. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Just got mine from Tesco Handforth Dean (24hr Cheesecake). It was only £35. Selling like hot cakes though. Now i'm off to bed: been ordered by the missus :'(

10. Unicorn

Guys... Guys... Hey guys... Look, guys... over here, look.

I have it. Limited Edition in hands. That is all :D

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a certain large, green metal clad guy and some chick made of light ;)

See you starside! :thumb:

11. samkiller42

Picked up my Standard copy. Happy Sam!!

Sam

12. B_HERB

OMW to Gamestop now! Can't wait!!!!

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Damn, just when you wanted to play Halo 4. Timing gets you down sometimes....

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

:lol:
    Well played.

This just made it onto my list of "to be played when I have some leave" titles.

Alongside Dishonoured in my case, and maybe X-Com.

*sigh* too bad I only have 2 weeks leave this year... :sigh:

15. B_HERB

Early impressions: Overall an excellent game. It's really good to see Master Chief and Cortana again after a long hiatus of mediocrity with ODST and Reach. The pros definitely outweigh the cons thus far for me. A few disappointments in the multiplayer aspect but that's all I got.

Pros:

-Great story....almost finished it. Bit sappy at times but I'll admit I'm a sucker for great dialogue and good character development. The voice actors for Master Chief and Cortana really did an excellent job here.

-Decent (console) graphics

-I can now sprint ALL the time. YAY

-Cool new vehicles

-Solid and balanced multiplayer maps

-Multiplayer is pretty much the same....which is a good thing. It's very fast-paced and chaotic but once you get the hang of all the controls the game slows down. I was happy to see I still got a few decent moves from my Halo 2 days :)

Cons:

-Multiplayer ranking system.... apparently it's getting upgarded, but right now it is basically the same as COD, BF3, etc....so in other words, terrible. There's no true skill ranking, which is a major disappointment to me. A true skill ranking adds loads of competitive depth that makes players want to persist and get better. I remember the days of Halo 2 where seeing a lvl 40 in ranked matchmaking would make my heart skip a beat....because I knew that guy was going be really good (or a hacker). I hope this comes back in some form with H4...so long as it doesn't resemble that god-awful arena mode from Reach.

-Spartan Ops mode....this is a wait and see thing with me. I'm not impressed with the first couple of missions because there's no real depth to them and they're all really short. Still good fun with a couple friends.

EDIT:LINK

I guess an announcement has already been made regarding the ranking system...must've missed it.

Last edited: 6 Nov 2012
  16. samkiller42

Gotta say, loving every second of it so far. Only working on the Campaign so i can't comment on anything else just yet. Just started Mission: Infinity, woo

Sam

17. samkiller42

Oooohh, That's a story twist i didn't see coming!!

Sam

18. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Server issues are killing me at the minute! Trying to play some games with friends and one of us always seem to get kicked. Still it's launch day and they'll sort it out.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Hmmm. It would appear that someone at work put Halo 4 on sale..........on saturday.............and someone bought it. That could have some consequences.

20. samkiller42

That's the campaign completed. Overall, very impressed, although, i do feel it's too short, granted i'm on Normal, but i think i've been playing for less than 7 hours. Time for Sparton-Ops.

Sam