1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HMV in administration

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 16 Jan 2013.

1. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I've gotta say when it comes to game purchases, I'm going online unless it's a must have it day one type of game. Big box stores over here, at least all that I have visited, keep rationing down the PC games to smaller and smaller shelves. Even so called game stores have relegated the PC games to a single shelf, many of the products old or used.

2. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Until they change the rates of city centre stores, so they can be more competitive, I just don't care. Hell its not like it's a family run shop - its a chain.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

each time a shop leaves a big `centre` the owners look at increasing the rent , which in turn *can*force other marginal profit shops to also leave......

paying tax also helps *cough* amazon*cough*

from this I can see the death of the gift card/voucher

4. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

5. Riffler

Riffler What's a Dremel?

Buying gift cards is never ever a good idea. They're not covered by financial laws and regulations and so mis-selling or outright fraud as in this case is possible and you are left with no recourse.

HMV's business model was only ever really viable because of its high street cartel power in the 80s and early 90s. As soon as the supermarkets moved into the CD market and undercut them they were doomed; online was the last nail.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

united colours of beneton have moved out of brighton can see other clothing stores going the same way , cant compete on price with the ` buy a million or 6` supermarkets.

7. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

My local Jessops.

Good to see the staff took the whole thing in their stride...

[​IMG]

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Tags: Add Tags