How much sleep did you get?

Discussion in 'General' started by speedfreek, 13 Oct 2007.

1. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I feel so refreshed, after going to sleep after playing a little Episode 2 after work around noon Friday I wake up and look out the window and see darkness. So after rolling over to look at the clock expecting 7,8 pm I see 3.30... am. So surprised in fact that I almost piss myself, mostly because I hadn't gone in 15+ hours. So I decide to check my phone, about 15 missed calls and a few texts I plan on seeing how many of these parties are going on still. :D I cant get back to sleep so what else will I do until general society gets going again.

So what is there to do besides gaming at 4am? And has anyone else beat me at 15+ without even getting up to go? :D

2. ỒĊBłůē

ỒĊBłůē Also available in black

I think I did in 1993 after flying back from the US, jetlagged and knackered following three weeks of 10 hrs a day working, and about 4 hrs sleep a night.

That's after sleeping for 5 hrs on the plane coming back!

I can't remember exactly how long though, so you've still got the record I guess :D

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Funny you mention it, as it's 5am here and I just finished replaying Ep1 as I'd rather forgotten what happened. Which is quite bad, as I'm starting a new job on Monday :/ I'm sure I've beaten your 15 hours though. Heck, I'm sure I've slept for more than 15 hours straight at some point. Actually, not long ago come to think of it.. maybe a month back? I was bored to tears and suffering from allergies a bit as well - ended up going to bed around 4pm (after a fairly long drive), got up around 11pm to get a glass of water, and went back to sleep again until noonish.

Not a whole lot to do this time of night though. I used to take bike rides at the crack of dawn, but it's getting a bit chilly for that this time of year (not to mention my bike is in a storage unit 150 miles away). We're all out of tasty snack food right now, so it's even worse. At this point, there's not much to do beyond catching up on my podcasts or something of that nature.

4. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

But how long were you play Ep 2? If you had 15 hours' sleep and woke up at 3:30am you must have gone to bed at 12:30pm. Which means you only played Ep 2 for 30 minutes? Are you crazy?

5. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

had a jab a couple of years ago that put me out for 24hours straight and left me absolutely f**cked for another 24 (funnily couldnt sleep for most of that)

6. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

i do about 10-11 nightly for about a week before i have to be up 48hr (skip a night) as i just can go to sleep at that point.
    I guess my record would be 20 hours slept in on thanksgiving day it was about 2am thanks giving day when i went to bed, woke up hours later at 10pm at night and proceeded to cook and eat my turkey... entirely avoided daylight so i consider it a job well done.

7. speedfreek

Unfortunately I will end up avoiding daylight a lot this winter unless I can get off 3rd shift.

Yeah Yeah, you guys and your more sleep, Im still proud of my personal best though.

And Firehed, it does really suck when you run out of munchies. Go to a 24hr grocery store and load up, the worst part of having the munchies is when you have none. :D

8. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I think I had a 23-24 hour sleep after a came back from a 14 day Army camp in Lapland. Never more then 2-3 hours of sleep every night, hard work all day and -20 degrees at noon. I was never so tired in my life :)

But in general 10 hours is already long for me as I am used to 5 hour nights

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

At least 36 hours after waking and taking flights chasing the sun and not being able to sleep. I was a zombie after ~24 though because if I don't get my solid 8 hours I'm basically ****ed.

Another was my trip to China in 05 - Woke up 5:30am - flight at 8 - in Austria by 10, pissed about in Vienna for 8 hours then an 8 hour odd flight to Beijing where it was the middle of the afternoon and stayed up until late. It completely screwed me over.

10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Just gotten back from Wlaes where I've been working 12-16 hour work days all week, about 5-6 hours of sleep.
    12 hours sleep today and I'm still tired.

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah, just moved into the area, so even if there are any 24h stores around (which I very much doubt, given the area), I have no idea where they are. And I'd rather not wake the family.

But I did find a bag of goldfish in a cupboard. I was really hoping for something sweet, but oh well. Now that it's daylight outside (eek!), I can go find somewhere that'll be open.

I should really remember that Bawls isn't a safe late-night soda.

12. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

A bag of goldfish? I hope you replace it before your sister realises her prize from the fair is gone!

13. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

"GCSE coursework run of hell". I had three pieces of coursework all due in for the next week. The week went something like this: Start Monday. Got up 7am, go to school. Back for 4pm and straight to work. Don't stop till 3am, then go to sleep. Repeat this for 3 days. For the 4th day, do not sleep at all. Sleep for 14 hours straight on Saturday. Be proud that all work is done!!

14. speedfreek

Now for a 24 hr period without sleep before I crash most of sunday. I have a messed up schedule but I should at least get a lot of homework done. :D

BTW I found a LAN party to go to. :D

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Usually sleep about 12, then wake up at 6:30 am...

Tonight should be somewhat later though :D

16. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I suffer from pre-insomnia so when I sleep I make the most of it I normally get a about 3 to 4 hours sleep if I'm lucky best thing to do at 3 am when your bored out of your skull is to find a DECENT irc Channel go to it on a regular basis after a week or so you can normally have a few people up for dawn of war or a chat at 3am :)

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

7 hours on weekday, 10-15 on weekends

18. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

I tend to get 5-6 hours a night during the week, then just make up for it with 12-15 hours per night at the weekend. Sunday night I usually forget to do some work, then have to pull an all-nighter to get it done, so by Monday night I've been up for 30-35 hours or so. :thumb:

19. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Weekdays work from 08:00 to 20~ish, get home, game till midnight. go to bed and read bit-tech threads till 02:00. sleep till 07:00. 5 hours normally in a weekday. Weekends tend to become long. Come Friday, get home from work, ½ hour rest. Then out in the clubs till Sunday midday. Go to bed around midnight again. Weekend average: 1½ hours. so im awake from Friday morning to sunday evening nonstop most weekends.

20. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Strategic Management essay, started 11am 2 days before deadline... hit bed 10am on day of hand in.