1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware How to Overclock Your Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 15 Sep 2010.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Concerning Overclockint the Sapphire VaporX HD5870
    Have you tested one of these Rev.2 boards? (As you tested the Rev.1 quite favorably)

Appearently the Rev.2 Card is built with cheaper voltage regulation components and prevents you from overvolting.

Rev.1 Black ATI PCB (1 cm longer), volterra regulators, connectors to top, no HDMI, SKU number starts with 2
    Rev.2 Blue Sapphire PCB, uPI Semiconductor regulators, connectors out the back, HDMI,SKU number starts with 1

2. nickolay

nickolay What's a Dremel?

hi guys, i use gtx460 and as i mentioned before i cant use 3dmark. so i have downloaded the unigine heaven benchmark 2.1, this is what i get.
    from my normal rate i get
    FPS: 19.3
    Scores: 487
    Min FPS: 3.3
    Max FPS: 43.1

and when i overcloked it (not sure if i done it properly) i get this
    FPS: 21.6
    Scores: 545
    Min FPS: 10.6
    Max FPS: 47.6

so is there not much of difference or is it ok?
    thanks

3. Grinch123456

Grinch123456 What's a Dremel?

I used to overclock my card, but then I got a "used" 8800GTS 640 that survived a house fire. All the soot on the memory and heatsink isn't doing wonders for heat conduction, so I won't be touching this one.

Nice article, though. Shame ATI Tool isn't ever used anymore/hasn't been updated.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

probably pretty low for a 460.. I just downloaded unigine and oc'd- funny cause in game I can do over 900clk np but unigine 870 is artifact free and loops forever.. at 888 it started to get funky- probably needs more volts

that's without a bios mod (fan is stuck at 70% max)

[​IMG]

didn't bother to push the memory.. still waiting for mvktech for a proper mod before going buck nuts.. seen mr. bens had 945clk with a stock bios but I doubt he can pass unigine with that

5. dvijaydev46

dvijaydev46 What's a Dremel?

Use <a href="http://mytechencounters.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/gpu-overclocking-overclocking-your-graphic-card/">MSI Afterburner to overclock your GPU</a>. It's easy and intuitive.

Tags: Add Tags