1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I rear-ended a car while riding a bike, am I at fault?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Valo, 17 Aug 2016.

1. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Also, sometimes you don't want to take out insurance on certain things because you can afford to lose them.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

In this case however the issue is that of third party loss, whether personal injury or property damage/loss, not the loss or damage to one's own goods.

In any case I would always recommend that people get insurance. I've had to take the home insurance calls where there has been a "total loss" house fire, and I have to speak to the police/fire brigade because a member of the policy holder's family died in the fire and is therefore too distraught to speak on the phone. Having to take those calls is bad enough, but having to take those calls and tell people that they're no longer insured because they stopped paying six months ago is harrowing; I can't imagine how bad it must be if you're the one that has to make that phone call.

Sorry, back OT, as you were, etc... :)

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I realise I'm a bit late to this thread but I came across a relevant video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZoLDbWcqY8

I think given OP's condition, the matter should have been reported to the police. Any RTA that causes injury should be. Having the police knock on the driver's door should stop him from taking the matter any further but otherwise, let the insurance companies handle things.