1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Infinity Ward may not develop Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jan 2010.

1. Burnin'

Burnin' FPS gamer

Indeed... I was expecting them to totally thrash MW2 but some how they loved it! Well, that's how the business works

I've bought all CoD games ever since the first one, and even though I liked MW I said that I wouldn't purchase MW2..... Sad thing is, I did purchase it. Now I did enjoy the single player campaign, the same way I enjoy any Hollywood blockbuster action film, but as far as the multiplayer, well, let's just say It just doesn't work for me. (specially having a BF2 & BF2142 background). I ended up playing the whole Half-life 2 saga (thank god I also purchased the Orange Box at the same time) which, just for the record, is AWESOME!!!

ALL THE WAY BRO!!!!

2. darkb

darkb What's a Dremel?

You do realise that you can't run your own servers in Bad Company 2 right ? IT has no mods and no public dedicated servers:
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat.../07/bfbc2-pc-beta-update-fr-229-n-dice.aspx##

Mod Tools: There will not be mod tools for BFBC2. However a majority of the the games logic is controlled by the server and there will be Serverside control options for the dedicated servers.

Public Server Files: We will not distribute these publicly. There are many factors for why we have decided this with the biggest factor being security & integrity of our game & Dedicated Servers.

3. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

At least you can rent dedicated servers and have full control over them, with remote admin tools

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...e/2009/10/26/dedicated-to-our-pc-players.aspx

Last edited: 10 Jan 2010
  4. Grimm808

Grimm808 What's a Dremel?

All it needs is dedis, then the community can handle the rest :mad:

5. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I used to think that IW / Activision had screwed us all as well (PC owners that is), and was an ardent supported of NOT buying their game.

However I saw a friend playing it on his PC and it looked amazing. For those that liked MW Cod 4, the single player experience is much better in MW2 .. more refined, better graphically despite the same engine.

So I bought it.

And Ive had so much fun. The Special Ops missions that you can do with a mate are so much fun. The single player experience was better than MW COD 4.

Multiplayer isnt perfect, but its still very much a great deal of fun. The whole weapons systems, unlocks, kill and death streaks are much better than the previous version. IWNet mostly works.. but often is flaky (unable to connect to host). Overall its not as smooth a MP experience as MW Cod 4 and Dedicated servers would be better, but its still a blast playing with friends, and the limitations dont stop us from having fun (you know.. the reason we play such games in the first place). I dont think it deserves to be missed thats for sure.

So you all may pour hate upon it ... like I did, but Truth be told. Since Xmas, its all Ive been playing, and Im loving it. Im glad I bought it.

6. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

same here lewchenko first time i fireded it up for mp i was disapointed but now to be honest i dont mind not to be able to choose what server i want to go on,yes the mod community have in away bean shafted and yes all the extra maps we will probaley have to buy to go on but at the end of the day its the individuals choice to buy or not?

Tags: Add Tags