1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Internal blu-ray drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ikix, 13 Dec 2012.

1. ikix

ikix What's a Dremel?

Hi guys

I'm looking for an internal blu-ray drive, I don't need blu-ray writing capabilities (but if a good drive had that feature then its a bonus) just the ability to write DVDs. There is a budget of about £80 but looking around I'm not quite sure what's worth the money, any suggestions?

iKiX

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

You want either the Pioneer BDR-207DBK or the Pioneer BDR-207EBK. The difference between the former and the latter is support for BDXL (in the 207EBK).

Beware: The Pioneer BDR-S07XL is just the BDR-207DBK with a fancy face plate (and it is pretty :)). It doesn't have BDXL writing capabilities.

3. ikix

ikix What's a Dremel?

Cheers for the recommendations. Any particular reason why Pioneer is good?

4. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Been using a samsung one for over a year with no problems, just checked novatech (where I got it from) and they don't seem to stock it, all thin ones instead.

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Pioneer drives have a long standing history of greatness. But do stay clear of their DVD writers. They are no longer built by Pioneer. The reason for this is apparently because there is no money to be made on DVD writers.

6. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I have two lg bd drives, one is a bdr, model numbers are bellow. never faulted yet. got my bdr about a year ago for under £80