1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Internet question

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ravenheart, 18 Dec 2010.

1. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

A friend of mine hasn't paid his last B.T bill due to money problems and they've agreed that he can pay shortly after christmas and they'd restricted his line so he couldn't make any outgoing calls apart from to 0800 numbers, but he could receive incoming calls, anyway I tried ringing him today and it literally doesn't ring at all not even once just instantly says disconnected on my mobile phones screen, anyway I've been to his house and he has a dial tone just can't receive any incoming calls at all, is this normal action taken by B.T for phone bills not being paid?

I mean restricting outgoing calls fair enough but if they agreed to wait for payment till shortly after christmas surely they shouldn't have stopped any incoming calls as well? As he's said several people have told him they tried to ring his landline number but can't get through.

His internet still works though and that's basically what this is about, he's on ADSL so his internet comes through his phoneline so does the fact that B.T have restricted his landline (both ways for incoming and outgoing calls) mean that eventually his internet will also be temporarily cut off till he pays the bill? His ISP isn't B.T it's a different ISP if that helps?

Just wondered that's all.

Cheers.

2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

bt could potentially cut off his internet as that still requires line rental to be paid, even though he uses a different isp. you've seen the adverts, bt line rental may be required if you dont pay the isp line rental