1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Is bit tech dying?

Discussion in 'General' started by s1n1s, 8 Jun 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Luke 6:31

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

That is one of the wonders of electronic communication, there is no inferred meaning. What you say on the internet is interpreted as what you mean.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That kind of reinforces my point. :D

4. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Hope you like the new rep title. There may be no rep for awesomeness, but you're part way there :D

siliconfanatic likes this.
  5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

What just happened here?

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Agreed! There's a huge amount of content gone up the last couple of weeks, thank you to everyone behind the scenes doing the long hours to get it there. :)

7. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Nexxo calmed the turmoil that comes from yet another "is BT dead" bitch thread, oddly using bible quotes that I had to look up.

fuus likes this.
  8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Well his father shagged someone else's wife didn't he :worried: immaculate conception yea right :rolleyes:

Carrie likes this.
  9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

OK, I'll be a bit more obvious. Matthew 7:3

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

Luke 8:25

11. Teelzebub

Well this thread makes me think of Verse 35

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I would say that's my bit, but, well, Nexxo's doing a fine job there.

I recognize the contributions of the writers-I still read all the articles. I miss the feeling that came from when Bit was beholden to no man and would write exactly how they felt-and I feel it's holding back now. The influx of the CPC folks also changed things, and in some ways I think it has lowered the tone around here-we have the equivalent of 4chan lite in the General area now. Sometimes I even think Serious is starting to get watered down.

I actually think our staff is a beacon of light in all of this. But they're rowing uphill. And there's only so far they can drag a recalcitrant site owner (Dennis.) That's not the staff's fault. There are plenty of people who I show up just to interact with-many who disagree with me constantly, but can do so in a way that makes discussion possible. But as many have said, as the average age is younger, the entire dynamic is shifted. And many older, "core" Bit-Techers move on to other things to have someone their age to play with, so to speak. I find myself on a traditional archery forum a lot more now-its average age is a good bit older-older than me, for the most part, but I find the age group to be welcoming and friendly. The average day here involves a fair amount of hostility, even if I didn't put my foot in my mouth. I don't care to listen to it all day. People are normally a lot better in Serious, but it still shows up there too. So I spend most of my time somewhere relaxing, and come back to interact with the few left I truly get along with.

Nexxo, I'm not sure many of them even know the issues that caused your reply to my comment. Nothing like the old knee-jerk reaction. I'm off to do some target practice. It's good PT and helps me blow off steam at the same time.

Zurechial likes this.
  13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

No, I'm not all that well acquainted with whatever ails you and, for what it's worth, it saddens me to learn of your suffering.

However, that does not give you carte blanche to insult without provocation. It is perhaps plausible to assume that this outburst was a result of an imbalance of medication, as you alluded to. Yet, when you recognised your error, you decided to simply talk around it, rather than offer a simple apology to make amends. That's what makes you an ass.

G0UDG and YEHBABY like this.
  14. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

That's awesome ass to you. lol. I'm an ass too, so I think his post has some merit.

I haven't been on the main page in years, and left the forums for a while due to the level of retard growing strong. A lot of that is due to the average age of the people of my "join generation" having creeped up and my tolerance level of people under 24 creeping down. Also the sense of humor that inspired the epic threads of yore has disappeared; I used to get yelled at for laughing so hard. Now, it's not even a snicker.

FWIW, I thought the keyboard fapping comment hilarious.

15. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Bit-Tech isn't dead, it just smells funny :)

Forum wise it seems pretty normal to me. Just the usual trends and evolutions that happen to most forums over time.
    I don't read the main site a great deal, but it seems pretty active to me. Still lots of thorough reviews. Maybe a little less focused than it used to be, but hardly on the way out.

16. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Only if you let it die.

In response to the title of this thread.

17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Oh look, it's one of these threads. I've nothing to add.

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Me neither.

19. Teelzebub

Yes he's a legend in his own mind

Yes you are

You Would

20. s1n1s

s1n1s What's a Dremel?

I never said it was dead, I asked is it dying, and I check the site pretty much everyday it's in my routine. I just think its lost its feel compared to in the past, to me personally it just feels a little lifeless now.

I'm sure the staff are doing the best they can I don't doubt that, I'll probably becoming here fora long time yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.