1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Is this pre watercooled case good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by streetuk, 18 Feb 2011.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

For watercooling it's one of the best (absolutely crap with aircooling) as it requires no modification to fit a quad rad in the base and minimal modification to fit a slimline dual rad in the top. It's plenty roomy and well built. For the price I'd have preferred a black interior and it lacks decent cable management. I'd buy another but would be seriously tempted with the Corsair 800D.

2. streetuk

streetuk What's a Dremel?

Well I'm really pleased with my Silverstone at the moment, the TJ07 is quite an old case isn't it? Perhaps I'd be better going with the 800D.

3. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

360 mm rad will be fine cooling those components. As has been mentioned, I use an XSPC 360mm rad to cool a pair of 580's and they never get above 56 degrees.

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

In my opinion the 800D is very convenient for watercooling, but at the end of the day the TJ07 is more potent, despite being old. The only downside that comes to my mind is that it was designed before cable management became popular but you can fix that. :dremel:

Check out some of the amazing builds people did with them in the project log section if you're into DIY.

5. streetuk

I am into DIY, I also appear to be into breaking things more than making them better. Hence the reason why I asked about this build :D

Thanks for the advice on the project log section, i'll take a look.

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm still tempted by the TJ11 personally...

7. streetuk

Last edited: 19 Feb 2011
  8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile