1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Islamic extremists using games to recruit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 5 May 2006.

1. Emoticon Fury

Emoticon Fury What's a Dremel?

For the record, I voted for Kerry last election (I barely wasnt old enough to vote when he ran against Gore) and I disliked Bush after he had done nothing positive after his first 100 days in office in 2000. The problem is in the way the media handles opposition and the changes made by the current administration. For example, when the Iraq war started anyone who diddn't support going into Iraq was instantly branded an anti-patriot causing quite a few people with strong emotions on the issues to keep their mouths shut in public. The other problem is that with the Patriot Act and Homeland Security and all these new watch lists people are afraid to speak out for fear of being accused of making "terroristic threats" and the like or just having their neighbors watching them because of some off-the-cuff remark someone made about the president. I blame US media for discouaging opposition the the current administration and creating mass hysteria over terrorism. Only now are the problems at such a critical point that people are talking down on this guy walking down the street. Nobody cares anymore we just want him out. I'm personally thinking about driving 700 miles to Washington D.C. when he gets out of office so I can boo the motorcade as he leaves town for good.

FYI: I have also written letters to my state representatives about my distaste for the actions taken by the president on several issues, so I've done my part. Heres another thing to ponder... Why send the worlds largest military force to take down Bin Laden when it could have easily been done with a small team of CIA assassins? We found him before to sell arms to him.

Last edited: 6 May 2006
  2. Lonesarah

Lonesarah What's a Dremel?

For example, when the Iraq war started anyone who diddn't support going into Iraq was instantly branded an anti-patriot causing quite a few people with strong emotions on the issues to keep their mouths shut in public.

So like a munch of pussies you let bush adminstration do whatever they want. When approve are at record low you start to speak out?. I can't believe the democrats voted for the iraq war and act like they were missled. "oh the president misled us" that's ******** you should check the information for yourself instead of playing follow the leader. A decision as big iraq and you don't do your own fact checking??. You can say the republicans are liers and idiots but democrats are pussies and opportunitist.

Why send the worlds largest military force to take down Bin Laden when it could have easily been done with a small team of CIA assassins? We found him before to sell arms to him.

Well dumbass because he couldn't be taken down by small team of CIA assassins. Bill clinton tried to kill him but failed like a dumbass. We didn't have any intel on the grow so wouldn't really know were he is and his a very amount of man guarding him. Bin laden is no too bit thug, he well funded and has a reason able force. What's the point of killing bin laden when another idiot from the tabilan infecsted afganstion would pop up. Their no ****ing reason to invade afganstion it's worthless nation. Unlike iraq they don't have much oil.

3. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

So why DID they invade Afghanistan if, as you say, "their [sic] no ***ing reason" to do so? And if there is no point to killing Bin Laden, why is a full-scale invasion better than a team of CIA assassins.

4. Emoticon Fury

Emoticon Fury What's a Dremel?

To replace the existing government and "spread (read: force) democracy" of course. Just like Iraq. I just think that Bin Laden was their half-ass excuse to invade with a full force.

Lonesarah I think you need to sit down and think about what it really is that you believe before posting becuase in one sentance you incinuate that you hate Bush but in the next youre defending him. Your name calling rants will not change my views.

5. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

Yeah... my post was more directed at finding out where on earth she was going than actually needing the knowledge ;)

6. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

A UN vote of non-confidence?

It's interesting, that in the US, not even a huge lack of popularity or non-confidence can take the president down. Unless he dies or gets impeached, Bush is here to stay until 2008 pretty much, since he sure as hell doesn't look ready to admit his faults and resign.

7. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

Lonesarah, you should simmer down a lil there bud. with the name calling and all. especially when you just joined and your only posts are in this thread. people might label you a troll. and before you call people "pussies" and go off on a name calling rant, you should maybe look into how the government works, and give things a bit more thought.

anywho, yeah the mod is fine, we did the same. blah.

8. Lonesarah

First of all I meant to say that their no other reason to invade afghanistan but to take out the taliban.

Why is a full-scale invasion better than a team of CIA assassins. You ask me sherlock holmes, could it be that we invade afghanistan because we wanted to destory a govermant that was headquarters huge number of Islamic extremists. Bill clinton tried to use a team of CIA assassins but that obivous didn't work. If you look up any information on the bin laden you will see he's support by huge number of soliders. Plus what's the point of killing bin laden when anyother extremists would take he's place. We needed to go that nation and make sure that the govermant in afghanistan didn't habor any extremists.

If you think bin laden is just your average terrorist than their something wrong with you.

P.S. I'm not defending bush, i'm just saying that's their no out their better him and that's sad. I mean come on if we impeach bush we get dick cheny?.

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Anyway, back to the topic are the mods any good.

And as someone said earlier, where is this different to playing as a terro in counter strike.

10. Maniac618

Maniac618 What's a Dremel?

I take it you're already playing the modded version then.

11. Lonesarah

Claim down baby, don't cry after split milk. I bet right now you screaming and ranting about how american unfair. I've never heard of anyone joining the american army over counterstrike. It's just a few people informing the us govermant about a terrorist tactis. Their just talking about it, in long run their not going brother with it anymore because it's not a big deal.

12. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

I think they got the message. America's crazy. Dropping bombs and food packages. Marvellous. Innocent people in Kabul trying to decide whether the latest fly over was going to kill them... or provide them with their rations.

13. Lonesarah

I'm sorry I wish I can disagree with you but I can't, your right

lol

14. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

I give up. You don't seem to have a solid opinion...

15. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

2 things you shouldnt speak about if you dont wanna get annoyed are Religion and Politics.

Yeah this is a stupid thing the bush admin are doing, but actually i want them spewing more and mroe of this so the bush admin and cheney (who will run next election) are discredited by the majority of the american population.

16. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Lonesarah, look behind you. That's the line. You're across it.

This is not a political OpEd. Please return to the discussion at hand, involving video game mods. Once more and your posts will be removed.

Apologies to the rest of you trying to have a civil discussion about the topic around all this.

17. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Its a military industrial illusion of democracy, I'm just pleased we have a desert for them to play in. Gets them out their hosues and off the streets. Why would anyone wish to join the army in the first place? :duh:

18. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

I don't think it's a big deal, you can play as T's in CS, and it doesn't turn you into a terrorist. Granted, there are some whack jobs out there who decide to fly their Cessna into a building, but that's not the video game's fault. And even if you could prove that games can convince people to become soldiers/terrorists, the US did it to with the America's Army mod. So, just because now the mod is biased against the government you want to ban it? It's stars and stripes on the flag, not a hammer and sicle... The mod must be accessable to the public.

19. Lonesarah

Yes, Sir. :thumb:

Oh and one more thing and won't say anything again

Has anyone thought about this sure our main villians are north koreans, middle easterns and chinese but we kill them in the virtual world of videogames, not real life. these terrorists are praticing there skills on battlefield 2 and those skills to be used in real life aganist our american soldiers and that i am totally aganist.

20. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

if that refers to 9/11, that depends if u believe that was done by terrorists of not ...

if not, then i got the wrong end of the stick on that part ;)

Tags: Add Tags