1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows James May appreciation thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Jipa, 5 Nov 2010.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

+1

"Our navgational aid was broken. Or just barking, like dogs do" :lol:

For those of you who doubt the varacity of the "Powder of Sympath" thing, Read Longitude by Dava Sobel. Yep, it was put forward as a method to determine longitude. And considered (And IIRC, trialled) by the longitude board. :eyebrow:

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Watched the second Ep. I do still like the guy, but this series is yet to impress me. There have been some funny stuff, but somehow it's just.. I don't know. Too slow paced for my liking maybe? If I knew what's wrong with it, I could probably score a job at some major TV-network.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Man Lab just made me angry.

That boot polishing.. Either the British army polishing method is crap, or that guy is super crap at explaining it.

Canadian boot polishing is much better.

Make the polish liquid for really roughed up boots, use ice cold water (barely warm enough to keep it liquid, essentially), and stuff the boot with socks to make the surface less likely to try and run away from your cloth wrapped fingers.

I guess they couldn't name drop, but Kiwi polish only kthnx.

I think it's the kind of show I'll follow, but only for background noise when doing something like, say, polishing boots. Two episodes a polish seems to be about right so far!