1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Joe Says Goodbye to Bit-tech

Discussion in 'General' started by CardJoe, 23 Jan 2013.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Asus has taken them all...

2. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

Is this goodbye to CPC Mag as well? When's your last article?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

All your editors are belong to us.

:rock:

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Simon's explained his departure in his own thread in the Feedback forum; he's leaving Bit-tech in very capable hands that have known the site for a long, long time.

Ed Chester, the new Editor, was a writer at Trusted Reviews back when they shared offices, management and lunchtimes with Bit-tech. He's a good guy, one of my closest friends and he helped teach me how to do technology journalism properly.

Well, "properly". :p

Nope, I'm not at Asus. I'm actually completely out of the games and tech business now. I'm much more focused on improving my writing than anything else.

It's goodbye there too, yes. I don't do any games journalism anymore, except for my podcast (which has been delayed because: New Job). My last issue of Custom is, IIRC, 116. You'll know it because my column is one big Oscar-Speech goodbye.

Rick Lane, who Custom readers will know from his regular Engine Room slot, is taking over my Games Editor position in the magazine. Rick is an excellent writer who I've read for a long time and, though I've never met him face to face or let him buy me a pint, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

Well, "nice guy" :p

5. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

Look forward to that!