1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Joined the H80 Club

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AoE, 10 Jan 2012.

1. izools

izools What's a Dremel?

Jeebus that's cooooold! Well done :thumb:

I can hit 4.6GHz @ 1.32 on my 3930K but the temps reach into the low-mid 70s after ~ half hour of intel burn test :(

Still, shiny new fans arriving tomorrow so will test more.

I'm sure if I can get the temps down I can go further but don't fancy even trying at present. 72c is plenty enough for me, thanks.

2. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

Thanks, those intels bro must toast nicely, if my phenom hit those temps would surely be dead, I think the phenoms max at 65c or something, voltage seems to be diff also on intels, but 4.6 is a hell of a speed regardless of the chip. I think my baby may have 4.2 with this H80, defo worth every penny. How much of a difference would an actual watercooling open loop make to the temps? since a H80 is closed loop

3. izools

izools What's a Dremel?

TBH I've had no experienced with custom watercooling so wouldn't be in a good position to judge but everyone else (cue pookeyhead... ;) ) belives the H80 to be on par with the best air coolers out there.

Thankfully the max temp on a Sandy Bridge E core is 91c so I'm save at 70 odd but still unhappy with that sort of load temp. I've scaled everything back to stock until I have my ~300CFM moving through my case :)