1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Just Bought a Google Nexus One

Discussion in 'General' started by SNiiPE_DoGG, 6 Jan 2010.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Don't Li-Ion's have complex charging circuitry to avoid screwups? It's not like the old-style NiCd batteries where you have to charge it right up to maximum before it'll work properly.

Can we get some pics of a real one please? Nice to see them out there in the real world in the hands of normal folks.

2. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

Well seeing as I work in a photo studio at the moment it shouldn't be hard to take some wonderful shots of this baby: )

PS writing this from the nexus NOW, it hit full charge a minute ago!

3. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

The phone will work fine in the UK - as a rule of thumb, if a phone works on T-Mobile USA, it will on UK networks. The official specs say it works on UTMS2100 (all UK 3G networks), GSM1800 (Orange 2G, T-Mobile 2G) and GSM900 (O2 2G, Vodafone 2G).

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Taken with my Cliq:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

That's hawt.

6. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Be-ute-a-full!

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Mhmm, thats really nice.

Screen looks much more vibrant that the iPhone.

8. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Will take your word for it as you seem to know much more than me, I'm trying very hard to stop myself ordering one now, but I wants it so bad guv!

9. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

mmm, nice. am gonna have to wait another 15 months before I can get rid of this blackberry though, boo.

10. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

I've been looking for a new phone that could actually do everything my n958gb does but better, and this is undoubtedly it!

Can't wait to hear about tariffs over here :):)

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Oooh that's nice. Normally I'd resize those pics for being obscenely big, but that's too nice to ruin. :D

Who does decent data packages in the UK then? I'm seriously thinking about that.

12. SNiiPE_DoGG

well voda is gonna have this phone in "a few short weeks" according to a story that was on engadget.

also I've just seen this... -_- damn apple and its control of the us multitouch (the only conclusion I can draw from this article) http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/surprise-surprise-htcs-euro-spec-nexus-one-does-multitouch/

the phone is still absolutely wonderful! I'm going to write up a longer description of things I like and don't like about the phone but from what I've used so far I can tell you the like is gonna be long and the dislike is going to be short :D

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Jan 2010
  13. Cateye

Cateye What's a Dremel?

Congrats to those who bought Nexus One.... do share your experience...

14. SNiiPE_DoGG

Just dpwloaded the dolphin browser for this phone and I must say its wonderful. It enables multitouch zoom, tabbed browsing, and some really cool gesture features.

I must say that every minute I use this phone it gets better and better. My dad has an iPhone 3gs and I honestly feel like the two phones are in completely separate leauges.... this just so much more functional in every way I've found so far.

15. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

I fell in love with the dolphin about a week ago (hmm maybe should have worded that different, but you all know I mean the browser).

Does pretty much everything good the regular one does, then lots more.

16. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I'm currently on the T-Mobile Combi 35 Megadeal. It's 800mins, unlimited texts and 3GB of data (you're allowed to do anything except P2P and VOIP) per month. If you buy online you get a further 10% off, and if you're a new customer and you buy through Quidco you can get £40 cashback too! You can sell the G2 on ebay for around £250-300. It might be worth spending £20 getting the phone unlocked before you stick it on ebay though.

Also, Vodafone will do you SIM only 600 mins, unlimited texts and 'fair use' data for £12.50/month over 24 months if you ring up and ask them nicely. The fair use is something like 500MB but if you go over, they just send you a text saying please don't do it again. If you're only using the phone to browse rather than using it as a modem, 500MB should be fine anyway. I consider myself a heavy user and I still use well under a GB per month.

17. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Nexus one, aka HTC Dragon. In a word, shiny.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

+1

No worries. If it is implemented in the Euro model it means that your phone in principle is capable of it too; the functionality is just locked out. Expect to find hacks to fix this coming up soon.

19. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I'll wait until the next iPhone comes out - then it's a toss up between the iPhone's app store and simplicity vs. the geekiness and awesome customisability of the Android system.

20. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

You can add said geeky customisability to the iphone, though such methods are not mentionable here:idea:.