1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Kaamos - polar night : update 9.9 Some new plans

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by White-Fox, 17 Feb 2013.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I know it's a stupid thought, but it probably would've been easier to use the H100 without the Ghetto tubing. But I like where this is going so far.

Last edited: 12 Mar 2013
  2. White-Fox

White-Fox What's a Dremel?

Thank's :) but i think ill have a solution, i shall make a paint model of it :D , it's rather old method but working one.

i looked that one up, it's cheap, and like i said i found a way and it's even cheaper :p but thank's anyways! :)

actualy the tube's almost didn't reach that far and they bended with stupid ways so it looked like crap :D and there will be so much black so i want as much color as i can get :p and thank you! i like when people like my style when im as original as i can :D

OH and made it to the second page! this is neat ^^ thank ya all!!! :)

3. White-Fox

SO! my Cheaper then cheap solution! :D A ADAPTER!

one of these actualy

[​IMG]

and here is how it is suppose to work.

[​IMG]

and after all of the air is gone, i will shorten the "reservoir" part, or i will try to get it there nicely...
    ive seen this technique on a couple watercooling loop and an advantage in here is that if i will install the computer on other side, i can just lift the tube to another direction...

please leave comment and tell me what you think of this?

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That's what's commonly known as a T-Line. You'd be best to have that before the pump to aid filling.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

^^ What he said. It acts as a mini reservoir.

It'll mean the system will take longer to bleed the air out, but works just as well as a reservoir once its all finished.

6. White-Fox

well i dont know wich is the outlet and witch is the inlet on the H100 :D

and well, i dont have a broplem with time :) and it's a quite small system also anyways ^^

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

You should be able to see what direction the current bubbles travel in... you want it on the tube which has the bubbles going in towards the pump.

8. White-Fox

i totaly forgot that the system is allready running so i can actualy do it xD well i just woke up so...
    but thanks for all the help! :) :thumb:

9. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I like your concept and the ghetto mod H100. I also admire your attention to detail. I was a little worried about you powering up the H100 in the bathroom with no socks and water on the floor, glad it didn't shock you! Keep up the good work.

10. White-Fox

Thanks :p and what details? :'D ive been doing this at my own house, so i cant say i could have done everything as well as i would liked so ive just tried my best with these limited resourses and tools...
    and how it coulda? i kept my eyes allthe time on the water and the cables so i wont burn the s**t out of it :'D

And a big thank you! :)

11. White-Fox

haHAA!
    okay, so i almost went and did some useless job in here.... i needed to get the powersuply mounted and I almost started making stand-off's WITHOUT looking in the powersupply O.O :wallbash:

here is where i got :D

[​IMG]

But but, let's be good boys and girls and first take a look inside :p

[​IMG]

what is that what they say on the corner? because i don't seem to unde........

[​IMG]

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! voided :D

[​IMG]

it feels like opening a pandora's box O.O what magics i keeps inside....
    oh god.... why... WHY!! fan cable that is attached on mobo so you cant remove it without breaking it :waah:

[​IMG]

im hating the fan mount so much that i will go terrorist over the fan and REMOVE THE STICKER!!

[​IMG]

So it sould be mounted like this eh?

[​IMG]

well this brings and idiea
    but first, some planing and cutting so the psu can get air from somewhere....

[​IMG]

luckily you guys doesn't need to understand that :D
    so first we drill starting poin "doh~" and then some cutting :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so there's the cut, and i will get rid of the rough edges later, first some mounting

[​IMG]

so here's the idea and what i did, i allready drilled holes on the alunimium for the mounting and i will drill trough those holes new holes on psu and mount it with bolt's
    so i used some jesus tape to help it to keep it on place...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yes me and my ghetto styles :D i keep the box to collect all the scrap metal...
    almost all bolt's gotten on place,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

next i wellcome you to the winter of Finland, that is my balcony and there is something other behind, and now im getting off the rough edges and the scrap stuff what stays on after drilling...

[​IMG]

oh and i forgot to tell that i drillet holes for screwes so i can get the top panel back on... anyone noticed how im doing this yet?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the bolt's are way too long so i haveto shorten them down so i can flip those other way around so i can get my screwdriver on those...

[​IMG]

so now to the assembly, this was tricky, i had to lift the case with my foot so the psu wont drop down as the same time when screwing the fan on cause the cable is so short...

[​IMG]

and now a little slide show :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

well now the holes that i mentioned earlier comes in handy, time to assembly it to the end

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sry i skipped the other screw's but that was the last, and picture of the bottom when fully assemblyed? ( my bad english strikes again )

[​IMG]

so now it's time to assembly the whole thing back on.

[​IMG]

and as you can see, the computer is tilted agains my livingroom table and the powersupply is staying there proudly and there is not any showing attatchment... im quite proud of my self.

[​IMG]

well now the moment ive been waiting... will it boot anymore? :D
    DRUMS!!

[​IMG]

AND IT DID!!!!

[​IMG]

and it looks awesome :p next what i shall do is to take the psu appart once again, shorten the cables and get rid of the useless ones... and then sleeve them, that will be a hard work.... and also i will fix the H100 buble problem.... see you then!!

12. White-Fox

OH YEAH! I TOTALY FORGOTTED THIS!!

on my previous mod i had an arque with someone of the seize of my pictures, well normaly it aint big job to edit them and it isn't and im not arquing, but when we got into numbers, the editing start's to be a bit tougher job then many thinks..... just to enlight you guys...

this mod has been in here month now, and i have 116 pictures on imgur just for this, maybe 110 showing for you in here BUT STILL

116 pictures!!!!

and here i shall present you the proof...

[​IMG]

so only thing what i want to bring out here, do not... do not be angry for the modder, who actualy does the mod and has mostly hard time allready with that, and then uploads all the pictures... and actualy tells you what he does... so dont get mad or angry for him just because you can't open these pictures with you're phone... because nobody told you to do that.

intention is not to get anybody angry, just to make a slight point how much we work in here so have a good day, enjoy my and other's projects and have fun

and thank you for reading! :) See ya :blush:

oh yeah and link to my previous mod ---> http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=3249195

13. White-Fox

i got some new stuff and i promise that i will make a serious update soon but for now, some beautifull macro pictures....

BEHOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. White-Fox

Okei, i started to fix the loop and i didn't! i screwed up again! :D:D so first before fixing it and other stuff here is the story of me messing **** up AGAIN! :D

so im trying to take a short cut again, just cut the loop and put the t-block between... well it shoulda work...

[​IMG]

and while doing i cutted my self... blood everywhere :D

[​IMG]

well i got it there but we fased a serious problem.... the liquid just wont go... and the "reservoir" is at the frong side of the pump... -.-''

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so it stayed like this.... until i got myself back together from fustration and did it again!

SO LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!

so first we measure and make the new tubing...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then we will completely destroy the old tubing.... nothing was spared.... no shortcut's this time... and i checket out the t-block if there is any restrains but there weren't any... im confused... it must be pressure doing the trick...

[​IMG]

couple of these :D

[​IMG]

bleeding the pump/block

[​IMG]

here is a video!

and now it runs sometime by itself there....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so now time for some soldering and stuff...

[​IMG]

first we take down this useless piece of cable...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after that we tilt it and secure it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i also took down the 4 pins of 8 pins since this doesn't use then 4pin...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now time to sleeve the 4pin

[​IMG]

first we mark them down

[​IMG]

then we cut them and put the new connectors on them and solder

[​IMG]

then we forget to take more pictures and they're ready.... :D

[​IMG]

15. White-Fox

So the sleeving continues, now the 24pin...

so naturally we open the psu since it's not modular..... *sigh*
    [​IMG]

and this is how it looks when im working on it, the sofa is my bed now cause me and my GF broke up... but it aint stopping me....

[​IMG]

so first we attach the connectors... and i like to use soldering iron and tin to make it perfect...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and then we put sleeve's... and heres a little trick, i don't put the bottom heatshrink before sleeve, first i put the smaller that stays inside the psu and then i help with that to get the another heat shrink on place....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now we shrink it with fire, don't use the fire directly... it will leave a nasty mark....

[​IMG]

well i did rest off camera so now i start making the 1 molex for the pump.

[​IMG]

and did also that off camera.... so here is some pictures of final product....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

next i shall make the sata power cables...

16. White-Fox

now we will mod the sata power cable, so this is the real lenght of the cable

[​IMG]

and what i did was that i removed one connector, measured it on the right length for the HDD and cutted everything else off...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then i sleeve them, i make these so that i put everything in cable and then i will attach the cable to the connector so i will get the heatsock in right place

[​IMG]

then i shrink the sock in place and push the cable well in the connector

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then i make something i haven't seen before, i attach 4cables more in one connector so i can make them come as the same way as they went....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now test fit of the connector

[​IMG]

and it's looking so god damnn well ;O : )

now a lot of glue so the cables will stay in connector ( normaly there is no need but now the space in connector is getting rater tight so.... glue it shall be :D )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and we have a finished product :)

17. White-Fox

Welcome back,
    Before we start anything i shall show the most coolest usb's ever... TADAAA!

[​IMG]

And now we shall do something for the top piece of the H100
    i will make there a square window with a plexiglass
    first we rip it out/off and then drill out the corners...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then i taped it on corner of cardboard box and took my lovely and best tool ive ever owned...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some sandy'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and then with this tool we take aweryting not needed off from the inside so we get the plexi on place....

[​IMG]

and then we need plexi and pen....

[​IMG]

and after playing around sometime we get something like this.... and what's what we are going to glue on the top piece....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and it will look something like this....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Keep it up I look forward to seeing more updates.

19. White-Fox

Thank you and i hope i will not disapoint you or the others who are watching this mod to come alive! :)

20. White-Fox

And back again, i went and bought one of these babys, a wall mount for TV! but it aint for tv ;P

[​IMG]

Then we "simply" drill holes on the plate

[​IMG]

And then assembly the hole thing....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry i haven't yet installed it on the wall, and i will not before the lan party, i will custom my table so i get it in that so i can take the whole thing in Vectorama, 3'rd biggest lan party in Finland.. it aint that big really but the mood is in the roof and it's the real deal! :)