Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Lots of bike bits as I wind up the last (hopefully!) set of mods.

Adjustable levers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LED taillight and indicators:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New headlight bracket:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Big Elf and mrlongbeard like this.
  2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

3 lots of fuel, for 3 cars at 3 different filling station across the country, no bother, no fuss.
    Oh and I've spent way too much on bloody clothes.

3. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Ooo interesting, we are considering one of these for our house in the not too distant future, let me know if you have any feedback.

4. veato

veato I should be working

Bought an old Lego Technic Dacta set from eBay. We used to have them in high school back in the day to learn about gears and pulleys and motors and the like. Apparently it has all the pieces but these things regularly have the string and rubber bands missing so we'll see when it arrives! I hoping my kids find it as interesting as I did.

IanW, legoman, wolfticket and 2 others like this.
  5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

:eeek: memories!

7. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

The unvented hot water cylinder is in, will update when the shower is swapped over (it uses a different non-pumped shower controller) and that only arrives tomorrow.

So far pressure is really good on both hot and cold water.

If you got high enough pressure on the mains (1.5 bar) and decent flow around (20 l/min) then its the best option.

Spraduke likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oh my god. I know I used or owned one of those sets many many years ago, but I'll be damned if I can remember when!

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Thats a full box of memories right there, its what got me into Lego/Technic to start with.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Oh that's awesome, I must admit I've never seen one of those despite being right in the age bracket where I should've used one at some point.

Are they telephone number silly prices now?

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Five visits across three different filling stations over a 36 hour period to get diesel.

Sods law said this would happen at the end of the month when I need to fill up. The fuel range got down into single digits - squeaky bum time.

12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Finally caved in on M$ 365 Family...

My daughter was having trouble with an assignment last night, Office 2010 was playing up.

So, I'm on the subscription train now. £70, for 15 months is OK. I still don't like getting on that treadmill, but it fits the way we work now.
    Cost looks better when you realise you get 1TB of One Drive for each of the 6 users, and someone won't be paying £7 a month for Dropbox any more!

Bloody_Pete and Pete J like this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I love my One Drive. Having everything sync across my devices is brilliant. And to think I was initially sceptical about cloud storage. Well, I mean everything is downloaded onto at least two hard drives daily (automatically), but still good.

14. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Must admit, DropBox seems to be getting steadily more and more confusing to use, whereas OneDrive just gets more features that all just work.

The OneDrive phone app is superb for document scanning. Recognises the page you're taking a pic of and only captures the page, adjusts for perspective so your 'scan' is square, then it just appears in your sync folder.

15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

This is good to hear. SWMOBO is the big dropbox user and finding it a bit opaque to sync. Will be happy with the cost saving too.

Win for doc scanning too? That is also welcome, as both of us are doing that semi regularly

Must look at how to sync one drive with local backup storage.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I feel the same about Syncthing - having my work files just be *there* when I fire up the laptop, regardless of where I am, is great.

(Although, to be fair, I could also just mount the server over SSH - but local copies are good, especially if I'm out in the boonies.)

Bloody_Pete and Pete J like this.
  17. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

100MB FTTP broadband from Zen. Could of upgraded to 900MB in theory but didn't quite see the point when I've survived two years on 80 MB FTTC. At least once its installed it should be easy to chop and change to a faster package if I really 'need' something faster.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

A wee pod, hopefully more pocketable when going out out, providing the battery has enough legs in it
    [​IMG]

19. walle

walle Minimodder

Not putting files on them.

It turned out so great I ended up buying 6 more.

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Mechanical keyboards have never really done it for me - I’ve tried all sorts of ones, pedestrian, high end, vintage and have never had the “need to get me one of these” moments. I’m pretty content with a high quality scissor key board.

And even then if I were to get a mechanical keyboard, at £205, (or even worse, £280 RRP), this iPad keyboard may well still be the most expensive. But it arrived today and it’s a lovely thing at least.