Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My last two (in the space of the 10 years or so they have been around) have been cubes. The sticks start to lag every two years or so and I was sick of peeing around replacing them. Cubes go for much longer. Had my one now for 6 years and it still flies :)

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

If I'd linked to the manual version, this thread would undoubtedly have progressed thusly

3. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

And to think I nearly bought a 5800X3D for £60 more just last night.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nice little haul there. I have been looking at the 5700 or 5900X3D as an upgrade for my 2600x without having to then upgrade memory, board, and possibly PSU. Also been having a nosey at the 5950x as well, but I think the higher end X3D AM4 CPUs are just about beating it, certainly in lower thread use scenarios.

5. Vault-Tec

For the last entire week I have been sizing up various uprade paths for the last PC. Still has my 3950x in I bought four years ago. Good board (X570i Strix) and all that. RAM is crap though.

I just could not bring myself to pay AMD £300 for a 5800X3D, and the other paths just cost more. 14600KF with board and DDR5, 7800X3D with board and RAM.

That came out today (the 57x3d) and I reckon it is god's way of rewarding me for being patient for once :D

But yeah, nice upgrade from a 3950x, will allow my 6900XT Toxic I got for £430 ages ago to really sing.

perplekks45, IanW and Almightyrastus like this.
  6. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Also a fan of rolling clothes. I got taught a wasteful but effective trick by a consultant for this specific situation.

Turn on the Shower in the bathroom and hang the shirt(s) on a normal hanger. Use a trouser hanger on the bottom to keep the shirt under tension while its hung up and then use the bathroom a makeshift steam room to steam the shirt. Turn off the room extractor off while doing this.

Drops 90%+ of the creases out, only bit that it doesn't work on is short sleeves but theoretically you could use multiple trouser hangers and do those too.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I actually tried that - had the shower running for so long the condensation was streaming down the bathroom walls - but no joy. I didn't have a hanger on the bottom for the tension, though, so maybe that's where I went wrong!

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Get iron-free shirts. At least on paper it works like a charm!

Or do as I did, stop caring about creases. If anybody thinks the quality of my work depends on the perfect creaselessness of my shirts, they can shove their iron right up their---- ...

Last edited: 2 Feb 2024
    Arboreal, IanW, adidan and 1 other person like this.
  9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Managed to pick up a Synology DVA1622 from the forest with a damaged box for £170 off the normal £570 price. Nearly 25%+ off for a damaged box is awesome.

[​IMG]

The cool thing and reason its so spendy is that it has Facial recognition and archiving along with car / number plate tracking. All branded under the AI buzzwords but useful for me given a couple of break in up our private road over the past year or two and this also comes with licences to allow up to eight camera over the house and garden.

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I've long worked on the premise that clothes will become creased as soon as you put them on so there's very little point worrying about it.

My mum, on the other hand, irons socks.

perplekks45 likes this.
  11. adidan

@Goatee Are you serious about ANPR?

If so, that's awesome.

12. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I'm way behind on this thread. Most recent ebay win is a Corsair H80i v2 for some fan testing. I'm also intending to bag a couple of air coolers as well... we shall see.

[​IMG]

b1g-d0g likes this.
  13. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Arboreal, goldstar0011 and adidan like this.
  14. adidan

Ooooohhhh....

I don't need one but that sounds like loads of nosey fun times. :happy:

Oh and y'know useful and all that... But mostly fun times.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Does it come with a robot arm to twitch the net curtains? :p
    [​IMG]

kenco_uk, adidan, Byron C and 2 others like this.
  16. adidan

Pfft don't be so silly.

[​IMG]

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

What's the rest of the kit you're pairing with this, bud? I still need to upgrade mine. Are you running it homebrew/via Synology software alone on a PC?

18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I’m currently on a normal synology NAS with two hikvision Cameras using the free licences. I have got two more hikvision cameras ready to wire up and will expand over time probably adding a doorbell camera and a wide angle on the shed looking over the garde to catch the foxes that often play out there.

Using a POE switch to power the cameras and the nas just connects to them. Existing Nas will continue its current data sharing on the network and this will take over all the surveillance activities.

ModSquid likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Been on a bit of a spending spree lately.

New mattress, topper, and protector (and a set of cotton sheets).

Other half has just had surgery on her spine - no way in hell was I letting her come home and sleep on that mushy pile of junk we've had for years. This could well be a mediocre mattress but compared to what we've been sleeping on, this is absolutely divine. Also: yay for cotton sheets, balls to that horrible polyester stuff we've been using.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pile o' bike stuff.

Alpinestars Sektor boots, RST Stunt-X CE boots, Furygan Jet D30 gloves, Richa Rock gloves, RST Stunt 3 CE gloves. All except the Furygan gloves are going back as they're either too small or too large.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cable floor cover.

Had a loose ethernet cable strung across the landing forever, and I can't risk the other half tripping on it. This'll do until I figure out what I want to do with the networking here.

[​IMG]

Desktop USB power adapter.

Nothing to say really. Can do up to 65W PD distributed across all 4 ports.

[​IMG]

Hue table lamp.

Wanted a new lamp for the other half's desk, and I ideally wanted something Hue-compatible. I've spent a load already lately, so.... why not?! Also: I had no freakin' idea it was battery powered and had a charging stand, that's so cool! (I am easily amused)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lego version of Hokusai's "The Great Wave off Kanagawa".

Sort of a "yay, you're out of hospital!" thing for the other half - she already has the Lego version of van Gogh's "Starry Night".

[​IMG]

LennyRhys, Vault-Tec, IanW and 4 others like this.
  20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Wait, weren't you waiting on getting a mattress delivered? Are they still messing you about?

Also those gloves are reminiscent of the Evil Dead scene where Ash is strapping on all the kit :hehe:

Byron C likes this.