1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi LawBreakers

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 21 Apr 2016.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Sent in PM :)

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Brilliant, thanks :)

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'd love to try it if you've still got keys.

4. Hex

Sent in PM :thumb:

5. Hex

Closed Beta 0.2.1 Patch Notes

LawBreakers will be preparing a Closed Beta 0.2.1 Patch tomorrow morning (Sunday May 21st – 6am PT / 9am ET / 1pm UTC / 2pm BST). There will be no downtime and players will be able to enjoy LawBreakers during this time. Once the update is complete, players will be notified in-game to restart and patch the client to continue playing the game.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed issue where Battle Medic’s heal drones would continue healing after the shield was destroyed.
    Fixed rare server crash.
    Improved hit registration logic to address aiming issues players were having with hitscan weapons.

Mode Changes
    Removed healing a character to full when picking up the Blitzball.

Known Issues and Bugs
    Health Bar indicators over friendly player’s heads will sometimes be incorrectly coloured red.
    Mouse input at times randomly spins camera.
    Joining Blitzball matches in progress may show information for both goals in UI.
    The camera can occasionally spawn inside of character models after switching roles.

Link to patch notes discussion: http://ow.ly/JTYR30bTWbx

6. Hex

Looks like it's going to be on PS4 as well as Steam. I don't think I'll get it on PS4, I probably would have jumped at it on Xbox, but I don't really fancy it on the DS4s.

It's also listed as being $29.99. which no doubt means £30 as that's how it seems to work!

Last edited: 22 May 2017
  7. Hex

Details have been dropped!

FINAL CLOSED BETA 3
    June 28
    9am PDT / Noon EDT / 5pm BST /6pm CEST
    Beta Keyholders Only

BETA BECOMES OPEN
    June 30
    9am PDT / Noon EDT / 5pm BST / 6pm CEST
    Keyholders + New Players via Steam

EVENT ENDS
    July 3
    9am PDT / Noon EDT / 5pm BST / 6pm CEST

RELEASE DATE
    The full game launches on Steam and PS4 on August 8th 2017. Pre-orders live tomorrow (June 13th).

Price will be $29.99 USD / €29.99 / £24.99 and you'll receive all roles, maps and modes. Also, no season pass, and not F2P. Available on Steam and PlayStation 4.

8. Hex

New class 'Harrier' got announced yesterday:

'Birming-haaam'...

9. Hex

RISE UP BETA PC PATCH NOTES 0.3

[​IMG]

• New map - Vertigo!
    • New mode - Uplink!
    • New customization - Weapon Stickers!
    Full details on the patch can be found on the website.

RISE UP PC BETA EVENT

If you have a beta key already the event started on Wednesday, June 28th 17:00 BST!

If you don't have a beta key already, the beta becomes open to everyone on Steam tomorrow, Friday June 30th at 17:00 BST

Beta ends for everyone on Monday, July 3rd at 17:00 BST.

Still no word on a PS4 beta. The game launches on Steam and PS4 on Tuesday, August 8th.

------

If you want a key, they sent me this little link to get one: http://woobox.com/th6d6u

I noticed the models for some characters have changed. Kitsune definitely has a different face and Kintaro is a completely different person! :jawdrop:

I just heard on their livestream that apparently the release date on PS4 is showing as December, but it will launch the same date as PC, that date should change to August.

10. Hex

Battle(non)sense has looked at LawBreakers' netcode:

11. Hex

Woo! Final Open Beta before launch! :D They kept hinting it was coming, I'm so happy to get to play it again.

Beta Begins: Friday July 28th - 7am PT / 10am ET / 4pm CEST / 3pm BST / 12am AEST (Sat)
    Beta Ends: Monday July 31st - 7am PT / 10am ET / 4pm CEST / 3pm BST / 12am AEST (Tue)

If you still have it installed, it's a 5gb update, mine ran it this morning so I knew something was up! Preload is available so everyone can be ready on Friday. If you haven't given it a go yet I urge you to. It's free, see if you like it. Don't wait for it to be in a sale and then try it, that's silly! :p:

I'm waiting for patch notes to see if they nerfed Wraith into the ground :lol:

12. Hex

OPEN BETA PATCHNOTES v0.4

The patchnotes are out now and unsurprisingly Wraith got nerfed :hehe: we knew that was coming! Goalie Juggernaut won't be able to deny quite so well now either.

New Features:

• New Sandbox Tutorial Mode!
    • New Twitch features!
      • Account-linking
      • Broadcaster icon when streaming
      • STEAM ID -> Twitch channel name swap functionality
    • Features all Character Customization options that will launch with LawBreakers!

General Gameplay:

• Kick ranges reduced from 600 > 400

There's also some nice matchmaking improvements: each player's acceptable MMR range expands over time while in queue and the max MMR range is set independently per region. EU never really had any issues as the Germans are all over this game! OCE & Korea were struggling in CB3 though. Personal performance now affects MMR. It still uses Win:Loss ratio, if you don't PTFO but have an exceptionally high kdr it will take that into account.

Hope to see some of you playing over the weekend :thumb:

13. Hex

New map 'Trench' opens up for 2hrs only tonight, 18:00-20:00 BST.

This map looks really interesting, I am expecting to fall to my death a lot.

14. Hex

The game launches for real in an hour. I am really stoked for this. I know it's not massively popular, but they are doing a lot of content creator work lately which gives me a bit more hope it will pick up. It's still not doing badly, so it has a chance.

Battle(non)sense has made another video about the netcode:

15. Hex

There was severe hitching in the PS4 version on launch, the dev team found it was a bug introduced since the beta and got a fix pushed to Sony and it's out today. That's actually really impressed me!

Unfortunately those of us having similar issues on PC when we didn't have it in the betas or alphas prior to the open beta do not have any such fix :( I've tried just about everything, but it still locks up super hard all the time. The only other game that does this on my PC is Overwatch.

Had a really nice game this morning. Joined and saw a load of toxic ranting in the chat-log, thought "oh... yay now this person's on my team", true to form they kept picking on someone on our team moaning about their k:d (LawBreakers is where you PTFO, k:d doesn't really matter), telling us to uninstall the game, etc. End of the match they really exploded with rage in ALL chat and got the response "why are you so mad?" They quit, we cheered, told each other how to report/block them and had a nice conversation about how people like that are ruining games. They rejoined and immediately left again :hehe: End of the match was all "GGs"

I had a discussion with someone on the discord yesterday about abusive players and was told it's an effective way to make people quit so you win. I get that with the other team, make them feel bad and play bad. I get it, I don't like it, but I do get it. But bad mouthing your own team, putting people down, it just makes them feel rubbish and play even worse. There's no need for it. The reasoning was something about dead weight players, making them quit is better for the game, but I see games as a fun hobby. Something for everyone. I don't feel like someone should have the right to ruin someone else's experience enough for them to stop playing :(