1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Level Eleven

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by slipperyskip, 1 Mar 2010.

1. SWISS.SY

SWISS.SY Precision + Quality Tools = Epic

I have a feeling many people will be using your work as an inspiration! Great Build Slip!:thumb:

2. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Bump for news. I will be displaying Level Eleven (for the first time) at several venues at CES in Las Vegas Jan 4th - 7th. If you are in town for the show then drop me a line and I'll provide details. Here is a recent photo...it is showing signs of its aging process as the cherry turns a nutty brown. I'll be showing Level Twelve at several events as well. Hope to see you there.

[​IMG]

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

CES is not open to the public is it?

Will we have any public outings close to the West coast?

4. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Yes, I think most of it is for media and industry types only. There are off-site events that might be open to the public while the show is going on. I'm meeting with Intel to talk about possibly sponsoring an exhibition that features case mods. Something like what the Exploratorium did in February. We'll see what happens.

5. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

Missed this somehow ... voted :)

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Excellent. :thumb:

7. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Nice to read that ur taking them outdoors to show them to the media and partners.

Verry nice!:)

8. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Thanks! I always seem to miss 1 or 2 MOTY nominees myself. Good enough reason to have a MOTY. :)

Thank you! Most of my stuff seems to get shown in public eventually. I enjoy sharing it and it keeps me honest to know it will be closely scrutinized. It took nearly 4 years before I got to show Unidyne but it was worth it.

Fun fact about the Level Eleven....it cost me $38.16 to build. A sheet of plywood, a momentary switch, a SATA power cable and SATA data cable (including shipping). I didn't even use the data cable (too short) and the power cable was just for its angled connector. The Pico board was donated by VIA. The system memory was donated by Crucial. The SSD was prize winnings. All the other parts and materials were left-over from previous builds. I even used recycled sandpaper and the paint was leftover from painting my deck.

9. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Cheapest Scratch-build award, anyone? :D