Life... Anyone ever realy though about it?

Discussion in 'General' started by webbyman, 29 Jan 2006.

1. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

Is it just me or do other people go right back to the roots of life, and things like why does this happen *moves arm* when i 'think' about it...

i mean if you think about it even science is confusing....

thinking about the origins of life and how far we have come even since 'adam and eve'
    speakers? cars? computers? e.c.t

anyone got any thoughts or is eveyone just confused with life when they think about it in general?

i mean theres a 'wtf' does this happen about science e.g in genetics i mean theses a big element of wtf this is amazing and why does it happen along with how complex it is anyway....

:idea: :worried: :eek:

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

You should do a Philosophy course if you want your mind to explode like that ;)

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

or do enough drugs to life a life time..... :D

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Look, nobody really cares about the meaning of life and stuff.
    if you want an answer go ask a reverand or some other religous being (if you believe in god or whatever)

are you really sure you should be discussing this on a computing forum-

Mankz

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

6. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

No need to be rude, And speak for yourself `cause i care about the meaning of life, its a mind-boggling subject!

7. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Are you really sure that you can read? This part of the forum happens to be called General Discussion, which, funnily enough, means that general discussion (i.e. discussion outside the context of computing) occurs here.

8. RTT

RTT #parp

If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything. Consider this a warning :blah:

...and furthermore Mankz_91:

- someone with barely 60 posts may not be in the best position to lecture people on what is appropriate to discuss on this forum;
    - learn to spell before you criticise; it is reverend and religious.

(sorry to butt in RTT) -- Nexxo

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Jan 2006
  9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:thumb:

10. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Or both :hehe:

11. seebul

seebul Minimodder

:eyebrow:
    First of all people might care about the meaning of life, and second this is in GENERAL discussion which means it can be discussed here. Maybe you should get in a better mood before posting. :eyebrow:
    Stupid noob.

12. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

couldnt agree more :D

Im pritty sure he already got his offical warning and everyone else had moved on. :eyebrow:

13. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yeah, do some philosophy webbyman, some of its boring, but if you put up with the boring bits of the books, some bits will really blow your mind, and totaly change the way you percieve things. Sophies World is a great intro to philosophy, for the uninitiated, but most of the books by the author of Sophies World are well worth reading, and highly enjoyable regardless of your level of comprehension regarding the concepts in it.

Life doesn't really confuse me.....but I tend not to ask the really big questions, theres no point, no human will ever answer any of the big stuff. Its just the little ways we perceive things that you can change your opinion of by reading and learning stuff, and its well worth doing :)

14. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Agreed - if you're interested, there are plenty of good books out there to get you into the subject. It's very cerebral and will seriously make you think in a completely different way about some things that you wouldn't normally give attention to. I would recommend perhaps ordering this book to see what you think :)

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Life doesn't confuse me. People confuse me. :p

That is the big trip that is science and philosophy. Anyone who has lain in the grass on a dark night and looked up at the millions of stars of the milky way (best done in the countryside) will have had moments like yours, when they have been just boggled by the sheer magnitude, complexity, apparent randomness and, well, the mindblowingness of it all.

Life is a journey. Travel it well. :)

16. dom_

dom_ --->

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, 'Hey – don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride ...' And we ... kill those people. Ha ha, 'Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because --- it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love.

The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

Amen

17. Nexxo

That's Bill Hicks, isn't it?

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm pretty sure it is, if not, he said things that were almost Identical, the cynicism is just right too :D

19. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

20. Nexxo

Man, I just loved that guy. :rock: