1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Little known upcoming bands, Let us know!

Discussion in 'General' started by P2D, 20 Jan 2006.

1. fev

fev Industry Fallout

urgh the subways aren't little known...

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Saw them last year (with the Kooks supporting). They're the kinda of band who actually sound better played loudly at home (probably best of with headphones ;)); but I must agree they're pretty damn good.

<A88>

3. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Komakino. They are supporting Bloc Party on their fan club tour (got tix!) and have played with them before, their best song is sick to death disco.

Ice

4. PretRavit

PretRavit What's a Dremel?

Malavera

Hi, If you are looking for VERY NEW bands, I'd like to recommend Malavera. I think we will hear a lot of them very soon.

www.malavera.com

Hope you Enjoy it!

Cheers!

5. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

http://www.triplejunearthed.com/

All (currently) unsigned artists. A few of these are starting to break through now. Listen to their music on the site.

EDIT:
    Oh and for my little known band: Gotye.

6. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 30 Nov 2009
  7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Maybe not so very much "upcoming" but lesser known bands:

- Cobra Starship (Pop, essentially, but i do like them... known for the "come on bring it" song during the snakes on a plane ending credits... but really - every song sounds different)
    - Alkemyst (power metal. havent' heard anything besides "Meeting in the Mist" from them... and that's awesome - not sure how unknown they are these days, since they got signed to Nuclear Blast since that album and recorded another album last year.)
    - Airbourne (Rock - not new or all that unknown, even, but hell - give them a spin if you like AC/DC at all and don't know them...)

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

There are these 4 guys from Liverpool who can't spell insect names but I think they might catch on :D:D:D:D

9. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Look into The Parlotones, FreshlyGround, and Prime Circle. 3 Bands doing very well right now in SA. and about to move global.

10. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Jesus, back from the dead!

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

http://www.submission-band.com
    SubMission from NAMIBIA
    They have 2 albums and an EP by now, and got some coverage in Metal Hammer Germany...

another (although disbanded for a few years now) band from NAM that played in ZA a bit, and got coverage in Metal Hammer, as well as having a European record distribution deal for their last album was Arcana XXII

Other than that, Metalheads should look out for a band from Botswana called "Wrust" - those guys ANNIHILATE live, and opened for Sepultura and Soulfly on their South African tours.

Another one would be South Afican Band Juggernaught.... check them out on Facebook.

12. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I recently came across a band called Kurran and the wolfnotes. Just released their first single - Whatabitch. An indie band produced by Stephen Street (of The Smiths fame).

Also just bought the self titled Album by Them Crooked Vultures. Not exactly new, but non of my friends seem to have heard of them. Along the lines of Led Zeppelin / Lenny Kravitz (in his more rocky moments).

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My dad got me into them - They're fantastic.

Uncle Rotter. I saw 'em at Bloodstock, and they were absolutely brilliant.

Probably not for everyone, and absolutely not safe for work.

They describe themselves as "The Kings of Thuggish Cartoon Disco Metal " and I am very inclined to agree with them.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Cartoon disco metal?
    Not sure how well known they are, but i'd recommened anyone that likes the thought of "cartoon disco metal" to listen to Mindless Self Indulgence's last two albums ("You'll rebell to anything as long as it's not challenging" and "if", respectively)...

And for fans of Deep Prog/Math-metal (i.e. anyone that was impressed by Meshuggah) - listen to a band called "Unexpect", album called "Inside a Flesh Aquarium"... it's gonna blow your mind.

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Big MSI fan here :p

Unle Rotter are.. Kinda different. It's definitely not for the easily offended :p

BentAnat likes this.
  16. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Lol, what a necrothread!

It's interesting to see how many names listed in the first few posts are now big names three years later.

Apart from the ones who were big at the time.... basically no-one! Oh dear! :)

17. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

and the necromancer was spam!