1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Long Term Cloud Storage Solution

Discussion in 'Software' started by sotu1, 6 Jan 2013.

1. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Depends if either you or the storage provider encrypts the data with a personal key or not.

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

Cheers for the info on the Synology to S3, I just had a quick look and it looks quite nifty. I will set that up once I have pushed my initial set of data up to S3 which I am doing through SyncBack. I considered quitting it and setting up the Synology to do the rest of the initial sync but I like being able to pause SyncBack if I need some bandwidth.

For anyone without an snazzy Syno to do their bidding, I would recommend SyncBack Pro if you are willing to spend some cash on it. I use the Free version for transferring from this machine to my NAS and an external HDD. Works really well just scheduling it and it never bothering you again :) I am pretty sure the SE and Pro versions have a dropbox style setting which watches the folder for changes and does whatever action immediately.

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

You can do that with the Syno too. Just cancel the backup. When you restart it, it will figure out what's already been done and carry on! :)

You can encrypt the data as well as the connection during backup to S3. :)