1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Mac Mini - Multiple outputs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aa-chan, 16 May 2007.

1. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I'll be getting my new Mac Mini soon and I was wondering about multiple outputs. I currently use a laptop and use my 23" Samsung LCD as a second monitor as it's better for watching my video media because the resolution is closer to the original.

I have a TFT ready for use as primary monitor with the Mac Mini but I really want to keep using my TV for playing videos and wondered if anyone knew of anything from Apple or had used any of these DVI/VGA splitters I've heard of. I don't want to copy what's on my TFT but rather extend the desktop. Is that even possible?

If so, could anyone recommend a nice one?

2. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

simply put, the mac mini does not allow for multiple monitors....

even solutions like matrox's dual head 2 go, the mac mini drives the two screens like it's one big one, and that would get annoying as crap

3. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I suspected there was no way to do it so now it's a case of turning my PS3 into a media centre, networking it to my Mac and playing videos on my big TV ^^

4. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I believe there was a maxtrox video splitter that might work on the mac mini, but I've never seen any one actually use it.

5. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I'm guessing it just means that I can have the same image on two monitors whereas I want to actually extend the desktop.

[edit]
    Just checked them out and they do seem to do what I want but I don't think the support the resolution that I want. My TFT is 1680x1050 and my TV is 1360x768. Unless I'm reading the chart for the DualHead Digital wrong...

[edit 2]
    I think they do offer the res but the price is putting me off for now. I'll just stick with installing Linux on the PS3 ^^

Last edited: 16 May 2007
  6. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

matrox dual head supports 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 only i think

Tags: