1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Make your own USB LCD controller!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ch424, 23 Jun 2006.

1. Overminde

Overminde What's a Dremel?

2. deskwizard

deskwizard What's a Dremel?

3. striker_gt

striker_gt What's a Dremel?

4. B4dC0d3

B4dC0d3 What's a Dremel?

I think that the GPO's issue can be fixed by doing a plugin... I'll try to do one which can be solve that bothering beeeeeeeeeeeeeep when you push a button more than one time in less than one second... (both GPO's has the same issue, so... I think that is the key to solve all this).

NOTE: I did the unit with five buttons... I don't like to use encoders... buttons works perfectly but, when I push one of them more than one time on less than one second, the GPO's stays open, that's why I have a continuous beeeeeeeeeeeeeep at buzzer (or led stays on)

Last edited: 8 Sep 2012
  5. B4dC0d3

B4dC0d3 What's a Dremel?

BTW, I made it with buttons... (is better for me than using an encoder, because I win three more functions, so I have it with five buttons and works perfect!)

6. striker_gt

striker_gt What's a Dremel?

hi

Hi! do u have the .asm or .hex file to share?

7. B4dC0d3

B4dC0d3 What's a Dremel?

I didn't... the files are the same that uses sandungas (and of course the issues are the same too)

8. B4dC0d3

B4dC0d3 What's a Dremel?

It works perfectly with buttons, by the way... wich is not the case of the rotary (it is only working in only one direction...).

9. ICONIS

ICONIS What's a Dremel?

Hello I have looked over this Thread. I Just bought a Black widow Kb. I'm moving from a G15 kb,
    and was in love with the lcd display. I have the directions to make the one in my old kb external

Main problem is the lcd is orange new kb is blue. Also if I'm going to do this custom I would like something more programmable. Wondering what kinda options i mite have.

Looking for 4x20 Color or Blue display.
    Able to have it read data from my games
    Have it be able to show ventrilo display
    Time, Date, Winamp Control, VLC control.
    Cpu temp Gpu temp Memory usage
    Network usage. also I want to be able to scroll through a menu to pick witch option i would like displayed. I plan to cleanly mount this to the top of my new keyboard so I can still have the same feeling i had on my old Just a new Mech kb.

Thank you for your time.
    ICONIS

10. anego

anego What's a Dremel?

hi. i'm Assembly this circuit sandungas board (coder for life based).
    but i have a problem..... all works fine booloader and lcdsetter programming
    after test set lcd welcome screen an set lcdsmartie to correct port is working!!!
    now after power off my pc for all night and turn on the lcd is on but nothing is in the display.
    usb2lcd+ com port is here lcd setter an lcd smartie works but in the display can't see nothing
    i reprogram all over again after test ok. and turn off the pc over night and the problem appear again!!
    anyone can help!!

thnx

11. almamater

almamater What's a Dremel?

Hello! Anyone used all the GPOs ? I uploaded the original firmware (usblcdconfig.hex) and i can use the pin #2 #4 #5 #6 #7 of the PIC, but the pin number #3 dont work.. we have 5 or 6 GPOs?

P.S.: Just one more question, when i put the computer on sleep mode, when i turn again the LCD freezes (stop responding), we must make an reset and start lcd smartie again. Its normal?

Thank you!

12. almamater

almamater What's a Dremel?

My PCB for LCD2USB:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]