1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The board is decent, seems well built and sturdy (ie heavy). Had a weird problem where the 1 and 2 keys stopped working temporarily after lunch, but lord knows what as it fixed itself after about an hour. The caps it came with are nice enough, stabs are pretty solid, get no hesitation from the spacebar pressing the very end. Software is ok, there should allegedly be profiles I can set up and cycle through with on board function switching, haven't figured out how. Does at least hold RGB profile last set for when connecting to something else.

I've gone for aftermarket switches so can't really comment on the linear ones it came with are like, other than being very loud and thwaky.

2. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

This all reminds me I should have a clear out of KB stuff at some point…

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Ok definitely sounds like a reasonable option.
    At the real risk of falling down the mech rabbit hole again.....
    Where might be the better places to look at buying keycap sets nowadays? Tempted to try a different profile/type to my current ones, or at least maybe a classic beige set, accidentally watched a video about thock vs clack and now like the idea of increasing the thock levels of my board..... (and having serious nostalgia longing after my old poker)

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Not a clue really overclockers have a load, but probably nothing fancy. I have a set of beige that came off my durgod, but a fairly light weight dye sub pbt set that probably doesn't lend much to audible greatness

5. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Have a look around prototypist.net, mechbaods.co.uk, and keyboardco.com for UK-based options. Amazon might have some. Alternatively KBDfans if you’re willing to wait on shipping from China.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Still using the cheapo keyboard. Still going strong, switches still feel fine, all the lights still work, no problems at all. Real bargain, this thing!

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Epomaker TH80 Pro arrived last week, really like the overall look/feel of the board, but the switches are just a tad light for me, lots of accidental presses, and so going to return and get with the tactile switches to hopefully more closely match my existing board with blues, will say this one has a much deeper/nicer thock type sound which is making me question my Ducky mini :D