1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 22 May 2014.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I own both games redeemed through Steam but I don't get a 50% discount on RRP.

Any idea why I can't get this discount guys?

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

The discount didn't show up till I paid

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Good to see you back Teelzebub! :thumb:

So not until the PayPal screen?

4. Teelzebub

Don't quote me on it but I seem to remember that was the way, actually I think it was once payment was made

Last edited: 7 Sep 2014
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'd want to see a lot more than a few performance tweaks and some DLC/altered gameplay. Both games ran fine on my rig at 1600p.

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Discount was a 'pre-order' offer it appears! :miffed:

7. Teelzebub

Both games run great on my rig although theses versions a bit more than DLC / Altered gameplay not a lot but a bit anyway there's bugger all else games worth buying :waah:

Sorry mate I feel like I should offer you half your money back :worried:

8. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I didn't buy the game, just a little mythed the offer was limited to pre-purchase!

9. Teelzebub

Didn't know that, I nearly missed the pre order myself.

Not even had time to play it yet with all the new workshop equipment arriving.

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Took advantage of a very.co.uk offer of £20 off £50 spend. So obviously bought a kettle for £29 and pushed the price over £50 with a old school boxed copy of the Metro Redux Duo! Can now enjoy a nice cuppa tea whilst playing Metro 2033 for the first time properly! Is it worth playing the Redux of Last Light as I was considering flogging the code since I completed the non-redux version.

11. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Completed both redux versions and while the changes to 2033 are quite substantial and change the game (for the better), i'm not completely convinced that Last Light redux merits its price tag.

All that said I LOVE these games and don't mind supporting the publisher as it's rare to have such quality story telling in games these days.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I see they are on sale on Steam. Are they worth getting even though I have played the originals? Or do they just look prettier?

13. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

£4.24 each now in the steam sale.

Just got the 2 for £6.79 well worth it for that price, I have no will power.

Last edited: 20 Jun 2015
  14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Last Light is basically the same game (it was £2!). There's some little detail things and a bit of new dialogue, particle effects seem different, maybe.

Metro 2033 is well worth it, from a graphics perspective some sections of the game look amazing, one area in particular (no spoilers) is almost unrecognisable from 2033.

From a gameplay perspective they've applied the AI from Last Light into 2033, so I'm finding it a lot harder, particularly anywhere with Nosalis crawling around. Guards are smarter and even with the epic face punch sneaking is more difficult.

They've also put the ammo cap from Last Light in and a lot of the levels have entirely new paths and areas in them. On Frontline in particular I found two entirely new routes through the map that weren't in 2033, although I failed miserably at sneaking through either.

All the game breaking tricks from the original are gone too, which annoys me greatly.

15. Teelzebub

Although I bought them I've still not had the time to play them again, Does anyone know if the alternative ending is still in the "Last Light" ?

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've yet to play them as well! I'll complete FarCry 3 then get on with them I think.