1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mirror's Edge PC delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 19 Sep 2008.

1. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

thanks for that info. joe, i never actually heard about it. a quick google search spawned this article:
    http://www.drmwatch.com/drmtech/article.php/3093361

it seems kind of old (2003) but with some uncanny refinements, i think it's the way to go. dev's should really use this tech.

To be honest with you, it really is up to the developer/publisher to clarify the mess.

2. thyris

thyris Opiate

wow...this has to be the most ignorant remark I've ever seen.

The few people who do download games hardly come close to the people who buy it, for one, if you are going to download a game for PC this means that you need meet the hardware requirements, that cuts down the amount of people who are going to buy/download for PC way lower than those who will buy the game for console instead of PC.

The other lump of people who will download are those who are either, A. Familiar with the legal definitions regarding such things and can defend themselves in court if "caught". or B. Aren't familiar and just don't give a damn.

There are way more people who are afraid of legal repercussions and won't even so much as browse a site where they could obtain pirated copies than there are of either A or B above. The gaming companies make plenty of money, and a lot of their consumers are also people who believe in the "try before you buy" policy, meaning if something is a piece of crap, they aren't going to buy it. If it's good, then their chances of buying it increases.

I am one of those people. Every game I've enjoyed and played longer than 5 hours I have bought, even though I have downloaded pirated copies or rented. If the game is terrible, or shorter than 5 hours and so-so or worse, I don't deem it worth paying for. You wouldn't buy a piece of artwork that makes you vomit would you? No, you'd view it in a gallery, vomit, and then move on seeking something that you enjoy, and if you like it enough, if you feel the artist put an honest effort into making the piece enjoyable, you may buy it.

I've bought way too many games as it is that have been absolute horrors and couldn't bring myself to play further than the first 20 minutes.

and yes. Steam has been cracked, many many times over by many different groups in many different ways. That's not the way to go though, I've heard countless complaints from people who went out and bought the CD for Halflife 2 and installed it only to find that they have a 1.5 gig download to complete before they can even play the game, and told everyone they could that the game was way more hassle than it was worth and actually encouraged piracy as opposed to purchase.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2008
  3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Well either way if people say that Pirating on consoles is harder and say that all the game makers move to making games on consoles then all that means is ALL those people that once were hacking games on PC to allow people to pirate them will now put their focus and efforts on the console market and do the same thing as the PC market so really nothing will change.

4. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

PIRATES aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tags: Add Tags