1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 3 info

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 3lusive, 13 May 2011.

1. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Yes the cod hatred in this thread s so thick you can cut it with a knife

2. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

I would say creating a whole new engine for the game is pulling out one massive stop right there

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Do COD fags know what a game engine is? They've only been using the same one for 6 years

4. NigelT

NigelT What's a Dremel?

I think the biggest selling point to me for the COD series is that all my friends shall get it. So if I want to play against them, I have to go with the flow. Online gaming is all about playing against people I know and having the banter whilst doing it. Playing randoms doesn't really interest me. Guess I'll end up forking out for another flawed game!

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Here come the official teasers:

6. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

im glad they arent using emergency vehicle sirens from 20 years ago... oh wait

7. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Never knew it was so fashionable to be such a Battlefield fanboy, just because you enjoy the inferior game series doesnt mean others do ;)

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

top tip on bit-tech: don't bash PC focused games.

you don't want to be the next warrior.

9. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

He called people who play cod 'fags'. I think thats a little insulting and unnecessary, and this was a 360 thread so no need for him to post it.

10. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

I'll be honest after the West and Zamp VS Activision which did gut alot of IW staff (74% of the Scripters and 80% of the Engineers left) and IW didn't come back up to 'strengh' until late last year (around October and November) thus requiring Raven and Sledgehammer games to come in. I would have very low expectations as it is likely they will keep mostly the same killstreaks and rush it. They need to do a beta this time to avoid BS like the Infamous commando perk and One man Army.

The only way I will consider buying this if it is far less Killstreak based than MW2 or if not a Killstreak less playlist. But I'll end up probably paying a percentage with my older brother to share it (he's finsihing Uni this year and will be at home for the foressable future).

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Funny that, I stopped playing COD after I bought Modern Warfare. All of a sudden mw2 was out, at worlds end was out, blops was out and so on and so on. That's why I still play css. I've started playing BFBC2 and am at level 22 or so. Next thing you know, bfbc3 will be out and the bfbc2 server will empty from everyone going and playing the latest version instead.

12. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Hang about, he appears to not like CoD which would imply he doesn't enjoy the inferior game series. There's nothing superior about CoD in any aspect of it's gameplay. The only thing the CoD series has got going for it is the amount of people who are seemingly happy to continue throwing money at Activision for the pleasure of being provided with a game which is exactly the same as the last one they bought with the exception of it having a slightly different story. But then again there's no accounting for taste is there?

13. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

I find, like many many others, the battlefield series to be way too slow paced online. On consoles, the controls are too clunky and messy compared with cod, and the overall fluidity of the game just feels nowhere near as good - its night and day for me. Plus battlefield just feels like a sniper fest online, and the maps are way way too big (at least for consoles where we cant have as many players in the lobby as on pc). Anyway, your not going to change my opinions here, Iv tried both and I cant stand battlefield, but I have no reason to continue about this because the thread was about Modern warfare 3.

EDIT: And FYI, if you think that people get 'exactly' the same game as the got before with each iteration of cod, you are misguided. And who buys cod games for single players really? The fact is you get different maps, guns, attachments, killstreaks and all other kinds of things which keep the franchise fresh. Theres no point discussing it though - I find the Cod series to have much better map design, weapon balance, player control and all other reasons that I play cod instead of battlefield (and yes I do think there are many things that are 'superior' than battlefield in cod, but like I said I dont wish to continue this when the thread was about MW3)

Last edited: 14 May 2011
  14. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

The fact that you had to start a list of new features in a game with "maps" and then go on to say the franchise is kept fresh:

1. How correct the statement is that each cod game is just a rehash of the last.
    2. How blind you are to number 1.

15. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

The essential 'formula' works. Clearly! No reason to change it. Just look at the number of players online, the number of youtube vids of cod gameplay and so forth compared with battlefield. I really dont have to defend cod to someone who probably has no interest in playing it - so why even comment?

16. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Well I see the "keep the franchise fresh" statement has been dropped. Yes, it is extremely popular online, that does not necessarily mean that it is a good game, at the moment its still just holding onto the coat tails of MW. Pretty soon it will start haemorrhaging users as they got bored.

I actually do have an interest in playing it, I'd really like them to make a good game again, however I think that BF will stay better for the foreseeable future. I sank a lot of hours into MW and WoW, and many into MW2 until I realised that I was just playing the same game and switched to battlefield.

17. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Can't we all just get along? This thread has quickly degraded from disliking Activision's business model into a childish versus thread with the occasional personal insult mixed in. Come on, this community is more mature than that.

BF and COD are two entirely different games, you can't compare them or call either of them inferior.

18. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Its just that this thread was infested with BF fanboys from the start when there was completely no need to at all. If you dont like cod fine, but telling people that do like it wont change anyones opinion.

19. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

You're not helping right now.

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I'm stuck in a sad situation where I really want to get excited by my brain is telling me there's absolutely no point and that it'll be just another ****fest like the last two games.

I think I'm going to go and cry now.