1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Molyneux: RPG design is flawed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Aug 2009.

1. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Just stfu Molyneux, and give me B&W3. And make it good this time!

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The problem is that old style Fallout wouldn't really work now, it needed to be snazzed up. I love Fallout 3 and I think Beth did a surprisingly good job on it, I was dreading it when it was announced but I can appreciate it for what it is.

3. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

Nope, you'd be surprised how many gamers still play old fallout 2 with the hi-res patch (i know at least 4 :)). fallout 3 is not a fallout game, period. what's the point to play a game if i'm a low level character with already maxed out some of the attributes. try to kill a super mutant in fallout 2 on level 6 - impossible, in fallout 3? no problem.

They borked perks system, it's simply oblivion system brought into a post catastrophic world but not fallout world. Dialogues are really bad and still remember that bitch from the first city with her annoying voice and dialogue options are really poor in f3. just not good enough and much worse than previous fallout games.

4. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I'm going to go against the grain and say I think Lionhead games are good and that Fable 2 was a great game. But it depends what you are looking for, if you rushed the main quest it was too easy and straight forward, but then you were really missing out on the 'experience' in my opinion.

But each to their own! I am more curious than anything else what Mr. Molyneux thinks he may have fixed.

5. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

WOW, just when you think he cannot get anymore full of himself? The dog feature? No death? lol, Fable Ii was one of the most dissappointing, simple, easy RPG's i have played, no dialog, the expression system is weak and too easy to manipulate. Please, this guy is an utter moron.

I never Rushed the main quest, i did pretty much everything you can in the game and spent hours trying everything including all side quests, buying everything, manipulating the economy, but, this is nit the Sim city. Fable 1 and 2 both are airly poor RPG's.

Bread crumb trail is a great feature? LOL, for one, its been done before, and 2, it takes away any fun in exploration, makes it too easy. More excuses for what is a game that is dumbed down for kids.

6. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

What? Bread crumb trail, a dog and no death is radical? lol. All have been done before, and all they do, with the exception of the dog, is make the game to easy. No death = no consequence for your actions.

7. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

It doesn't really work like that though, strength and size aren't exactly related to eachother.

Bruce Lee was immensely fast as well as extremely strong yet was really small.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#Physical_feats

8. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Well, two good features vs one admittedly dodgy one there wasn't bad going.

Personally though, whilst i do love his games, he does need to tone down the hype and exaggerations a fair bit :D

9. TSR2

TSR2 What's a Dremel?

So they aren't stopping there? What's next, a mode that plays the entire game for you and gets 999999 score?

10. andyp06

andyp06 What's a Dremel?

The Molyneux pre-game release strategy is flawed!

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

ah the good ol' days of BnW.
    i relay heavily on my creature, in the end, all i need to do is building houses. because i didn't like his house placements.

i think RPG design is flawed, but not because of no death and needs a dog. it's the levelling system. but then, i prefer FPS and picking up biggest gun at start of the game.

Tags: Add Tags