1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs My PC is a teenager – it won’t wake up in the morning

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Mar 2010.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Which is why one uses a switchable extension cord...one button and everything computer related is completely offline :D

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Sleep mode works pretty well on my PC. I usually let it sleep, rather than shutdown or hibernate, as I have loads of scheduled TV recordings in Windows Media Centre. PC wakes itself up now and then, records a TV programme, then goes back to sleep. I reboot every couple of weeks or so, and I get no problems at all.

3. BUTTONPUSHER

BUTTONPUSHER What's a Dremel?

I have been using sleep mode on my PC with both Vista and Win 7 on same motherboard for as long as I can remember with no problems. Do you have ACHI and ACPI ver 2.0 enabled on your board? PC powers back up very quickly from sleep mode, much quicker than hibernate.

4. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

Hey, I don't think you could call those who are doing sleep/hibernate as lazy because it's actually meant to speed up the whole thing so you can immediately use your PC. I think it's quite the opposite :p

Back to topic, when you got problems with sleep/hibernation, most likely it's because of some device driver's incompatibilities.

Tags: Add Tags