1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My (pending delivery) new (old) 4P system

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by debs3759, 31 Jan 2013.

1. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

My current plans include getting part of my garden concreted over and buying an 8 x 14 foot shed for a computer workroom :)

I currently have about a dozen motherboards, about 100 graphics cards and some 50 or so CPUs waiting to be tested, and approx 4 systems that will be good enough for folding out of all that. Not one square foot available for setting anything up though :( I should add that a lot of the hardware is for overclocking/benchmarking and to help with a GPU website I'm working on, so not all for folding - some of the kit being VLB graphics cards and the like :)

2. Ben Lamb

Ben Lamb What's a Dremel?

Great minds think alike ! Whatever you do don't get a steel shed as the condensation is terrible in the winter and drips all over stuff. Built one myself and had to lag the roof with polystyrene to stop the drips, no computers in it though. I am working on this www.vgamemories.co.uk its a bit crap but I am doing my best when I get a bit of spare time. My email is on the site so feel free to contact on vintage cpus/gpus as I have collected a load and intend to test the lot eventualy and put reviews up. I am going through a retro phase and have decided backwards is the way forward - for me anyway !

3. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

LOL, I wouldn't be surprised if I have competed with you anr/or other regulars in the forums for some old cards recently :)

The shed will be a wooden shed, and because of the (mostly sentimental) value of the computers that will be in it it will have a lot of security extras fitted :) I will also be using an extractor fan and dehumidifiers as and when needed.

4. Ben Lamb

Wondered who it was bidding on all the old stuff ! Keep getting outbid, just lost a load of 30pin simms this morning - there's always one too many bidders on ebay !

5. Ben Lamb