1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"MybadOmen's" New NZXT Phantom Evolved Build !

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mybadomen, 8 Sep 2012.

1. mybadomen

mybadomen What's a Dremel?

Update:

Hiya Fellow Modders,

Again another small update just so i don't forget to log it,Unfortunately i broke the blade on my ancient scroll saw and have to wait to find new blades which is a bummer at the moment. My scroll saw is ancient but was built amazing way back then compared to those they sell today as it not only holds the blade straight and from walking it also adjusts down to hold the part your cutting in place.It really is very nice even though its ancient. But ets move on to the Log now.

First off for those Interested here is my Ancient Homecraft Scroll Saw:

[​IMG]

Ok and now for the beginning of the Mod i am working on right now.

I start with some white acrylic like i used on the motherboard tray and mark it out to the size i need using a square to make sure its perfect (Paper on the acrylic is just the protective layer) :

[​IMG]

And now drawing out angles on both covers so hey are all perfectly even.

[​IMG]

And what they look like after cutting the edges :

[​IMG]

Next i drill 2 holes in each cover 1/4" from the edge on the covers and the motherboard tray.This will be to make them removable.

[​IMG]

And Finally here is what they will look like in place but they are shiny white acrylic with chrome knurled rounded nuts ,I still need to make the cutouts going on the covers but i want to keep that secret until that update. But for now enjoy these Photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a sneak peak at the other Mods for the build i am working on a the same time.This will also be a complete update so just a sneak peek for now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like i said it was a small update but i still don't want you guys to miss anything as i try to share he complete experience of the build process with you.

Until next Update Take Care and Keep Modding,

MybadOmen

2. mybadomen

UPDATE,

Long awaited i know but i'm doing the best i can with real life and all.

This update is just simply some more work to the 5.25 bays which are still going to need allot of work to be completed. The idea behind this mod is i needed the EK CSQ Spin Res as high as possible as it will be feeding a second Primochill Phase II Reservoir i believe the D5 version but with the 2 huge rads there is tight space to get to Phase 2 res in just the right place to be fed by the EK bay res.

Anyway here's the work that was done.

As you can see there have been a couple other mods already done to this small 5.25 bay but in this mod i will be getting the EK spin res to fit in a slot that just isn't there yet.

You can see me holding the Res where it needs to go in this photo.

[​IMG]

In this Photo i am showing the area i will be cutting out with a Dremel 3000 with a bigger arbor and 2" fiberglass reinforced cutting wheel.

[​IMG]

And here is what it looks like before cleaning it up and completing the other mods

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is showing how it will fit in leaving me plenty of room to hardline it. (Also remember it wont look like this as i am only working on the structure right now not the looks.)

[​IMG]

And here is where you can really see it starting to come together perfect. It now lines up perfect with the top of the Primochill Phase II res which is exactly what i was looking for.

[​IMG]

All bays will be filled and it will look totally different then but here is how the Res with sit sorta with the front on. Sorry bad photo..

[​IMG]

Well not a Huge update guys but to me its big progress,I am sorry to those who follow my work and i haven't been Modding to much lately but that is all about to change shortly. I am moving across country and will have a huge shop in my new house just for modding so i am very excited about it.

As soon as Legion & JukeBench are completed i will be moving right on to more new mods.

Thanks for looking and the Support Guys and i promise i will be back full force very soon.

Take Care,
    MybadOmen

Last edited: 4 Apr 2014
  3. mybadomen

Sorry was double Post

Take Care,
    MybadOmen