1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice New AMD build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hen.hughes, 26 Jul 2011.

1. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

^^ The above seems like good advice, we dont know exactly how bulldozer will shine, or if it will at all. If it doesnt..then you still have the money to build exactly what you want (and i assume thats AMD)

2. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

imo change that 1100t to something like a 970 and that will give u a better overclock and you can save some money for bulldozer :))

oh and not many apps benefit from 6 cores! so IMO 4 core is the way to go!

3. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

But then a 970 will cost a fair amount of money..which would technically be wasted if the OP decided to then buy a bulldozer chip.

What exactly do you want to do with the PC at this moment in time ? As you could buy a cheaper AM3 cpu..possibly one of the dual cores that unlocks to a tripple core (used obviously) as that would suffice gaming now until we see what bulldozer has to offer.

4. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

I just got a 990FXA-UD3 and love it. Again, anything over a 955 is kinda wasted right now. The perfectly capable 955 can be had for like $100 and will easily clock to near 4GHz which is more than enough for now.

5. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

6. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

i can back that up :) my 955 at 4ghz can run basically anything i throw at it! :D