1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress (no name) Raspberry Pi scratch build media centre update (11/07/12)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by legoman, 30 Jun 2012.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Thanks cheaps, think ive sorted the worst of it now compressed them under two large bits of wood and about 40Kg of weights :D

amazingly its been sunny today so i decided to make use of it by doing a few bits

holes drilled and occupied, so two RCA outs, power switch and power in. Power in is a tad grubby but i will be able to clean it up.

[​IMG]

Put the "layers" of the Pi in place

Base

[​IMG]

Filling

[​IMG]

Topping

[​IMG]

The mesh is rubbish im looking for a suitable replacement now probably not mesh more along the lines of wood with holes in it or something i can remove easily so i can get to the SD card and hard drive.

wanted to get more done but lots of other work to do on the house etc so its had to wait. Though as its now raining i may be able to get some more little bits done on this.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Well update and a total change in direction as the lumber was annoying me no end warping after i had straightened it.

Fortunately this shouldnt warp (bad photo thanks to the phone) Its an old CD-R drive case so its a hell of a lot smaller than what i was going to be using.

[​IMG]

Also you can see theres no Hdd so binned it off in favour of a USB thumb drive. Uses less power, produces less heat and is nice and silent so currently no moving parts :D

had to wait a while for a HDMI Cable to come from Hong Kong. It was meant to be 15cm, its actually 30cm but for less than the cost of a pint im not going to argue
    Offered it all up in the case and i have enough room.
    May drop the USB hub size down to a four port jobbie as I dont need seven ports now!

[​IMG]

Going to focus on the rear panel first as it will have the I/O and power in also working on getting a 2X16 line display working over GPIO, apparently the build i have of Raspian has configs pre built in. Just waiting on the components to trial this

3. Canardwc

Canardwc @French_fab_factorie

Hey RaspMan, saw you mod a Pi too. Use you a remote? I looking for one for mine PiMod :thumb:

Suscribed... :lol: