Nokia N93 GPRS connection problem

Discussion in 'General' started by Sputnik, 21 Apr 2007.

1. Sputnik

Sputnik What's a Dremel?

This is probably in the wrong place, but I don't know where else to put it.

So I thought my Nokia N93 was all cool and fancy. Well, now it's being a pain in the arse. It won't maintain a GPRS connection. It connects, then soon after it just drops the connection. I have re-installed the firmware with the latest version and it still does the same thing. I don't know whether it's the phone itself or my network operator.

My sister's Motorola works fine on the same network. My friend has had no trouble with his N90, but he's on a different network. Anyone else who has experienced the same thing with their Nokia?

Sputnik

2. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

My gf has it on vodafone UK and hasn't had any problems with it so far. I had the n70 and it was a pain in the a** at times. Like your N95 it would sometimes randomly disconnect from my mobile network which was very annoying. I got around this problem by turning it off for a few seconds and than turning it back on again. I would suggest looking on a mobile forum (howard forums) and see what other people have to say about the N95.

3. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Er kid you should de-capitalise your sig.... Meanwhile

the old n-series are notorious for keeping signal. Find your local nokia centre where they can check the actual module and sort it if need be. It's worth joining club nokia too

4. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

So I should.............

However N series mobs in general can be very, how should we say, glitchy at the best of times.

5. fev

fev Industry Fallout

n73 yes, n80 sure n95 no issues yet.. well not on either of mine

6. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

My N80 has corrupted a 2gig memory card , and now sees it as 1gig card -hooza! (not), it also crashes from time to time, and has really sucky battery life (I guess from searching for WLANs all the time!)

7. Sputnik

Sputnik What's a Dremel?

Yeah, my battery life is also rather poor, despite it having a Li-Polymer battery. My N93 has just been released so it's one of the newest on the market... here that is.

Something I have noticed is that when I initially got my phone, I had no 3G coverage in my area and my data connection was fine. I now have 3G coverage in my area and ever since I have had this problem. It appears to disconnect when it switches from the 3G network to ordinary GPRS and after a second or two, it disconnects. This is very disappointing since I spent a lot of money on this phone.

I have tried turning it off for a few minutes even. When I want to chat, I now put my SIM card into my sister's old Nokia 6610i and it works without a glitch.

Sputnik

8. fev

fev Industry Fallout

the n93 has been out for a fair o while, nokia know about the issues but would much rather let you live with them.

like i said join club nokia, they're friendly and can sort things out

9. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I won't have another Nokia after the debarkle that is the 6280, much happier on a Samsung D900 :)

10. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Both godawful phones IMO lol

Nokia N-series are pretty crap too, loaded with features but half of them are half-arsed because the OS isn't up to much and the phone is too slow.