nVidia 280 internal sound lead.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BadHead, 13 Aug 2008.

1. BadHead

BadHead Minimodder

Hi,

I have an ASUS ENGTX280 nVida 280 GPU and a Xonar D2 7.1 Sound card and I am wanting to the sound card to the video cards audio input (It's tiny and placed just next to the two power connectors at the rear, left hand sight of the card - at least that's where it is on the ASUS. It's under a small, plastic cover.) so as to deliver sound via HDMI to my ASUS PG221 screen. Is this possible? And if it is, how? And would it even work? The thing is, the three connections on the sound card have four pins and the one connection on the GPU has two pins. Any idesa as to what lead I would need? I do realise that I need an internal, digital audio cable, but most of them are ethier two pin or four pin - not a mx of both. Help! I didn't get a cable with my card.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Your video card should come with the cable to attach it to a 2pin SPDIF.
    You have to see with ASUS for setting it up. I know the newer lower end model has the connector for it. perhaps ASUS know a converter for your card or something.

Worst come to worst, I don't have a TV with HDMI, but can't you plug in the HDMI cable and add the audio connections?
    If not, I see that the monitor has intergrated speakers.. these are usually ultra sucky. I think you are better off with normal speakers.

i am looking at your monitor http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/07/02/asus_pg221_22in_widescreen/3, and I don't see any HDMI connections to begin with.

3. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i think you should call asus. afaik the gtx280 is supposed to come with the internal sound cable.

also, i've gotta agree with goodbytes. inbuilt speakers == teh suck. if you can afford a gtx280 you can afford some real speakers.