Windows Nvidia Display driver stopped respnding and had recovered

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by DeckerdBR, 2 Mar 2012.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

well kind of, i am running in a slower slot and not the recommended one for a 1 card config. on synthetic benchmarks there is a marked reduction in performance and i have seen similar reductions in bf3 perormance.

i now need scan to replace the mainboard.

2. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I had exactly the same issue on 3 machines after updating to the 280+ and 295 drivers (inc beta)
    My web browsing PC only has a 550ti in it, no overclocking and that does it too.

Last week I performed clean installs on all 3, reverted to the 275.33 drivers and all seem fine at the moment.

I remeber reading in the release notes of 295.51 beta that they were supposed to have fixed this issue: "Fixes instances of driver timeouts while simultaneously watching multiple videos." linky

For me it only happens when I have multiple screens open. I'm going to give the new 296.10 drivers a try this weekend to see if they work.

3. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

I don't have multiple screens. It happened in ME3 last night once out of the couple of hours game play, which is the first for me outside of Minecraft, yesterday I think I may have fixed it in Minecraft I'm going to try the same for ME3. I changed the setting in Nvidia control panel, power management from adaptive to max performance, threaded optimisation from auto to off and down clocked my GFX card to default 570 settings, also installed OptiFine mod which allows me to change the autosave timer, this allowed me to play Minecraft for a few hour until I had to log off without a glitch. I'm going to try the Nvidia changes with ME3 now.

4. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

I just updated my laptops 8200M G with the 296.10 drivers and this started happening to me :(

The taskbar of chrome is acting weird as well, the glass effect seems to be on the whole top of the screen, and I cant click the minimize, maximize, close buttons either.

http://gyazo.com/6793e76efcdb2548ed7acb854963bae9

5. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

I thought I'd play Dead Space 2 I haven't played with my new GFX. It happens to this game also, I have to down clock my gfx for it to run longer than a few mins, it doesn't return me to my desktop the screen goes blank and the audio is still and I have to reset.

What's funny is I can play SWTOR and EVE for hours with no problems.

Just played Skyrim for a couple of hours with no issues.

Last edited: 3 Apr 2012