Windows odd windows install issue ?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by stephen0205, 7 Dec 2021.

1. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Thanks for the suggestion buddy. I might give it a try later on, at this point ive wasted days on it, and i have so much other stuff to be getting on with, so we shall call that a last attempt, gonna run a smart scan on the ssd, and strip to sell for parts or sell as faulty but ram, cpu and mem tested

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I admire your persistence, I think I would have given-up sooner.

3. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Lol i can be when one toy is meant to be sold to help me fund another.

Nup, nothing at all working for this, im calling it. "SHES DEAD JIM"

Gonna do the full system scan to grab screenshots of the pass then listing it as spared on the bay or on here :(

4. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

[​IMG]

Soooooooo long story short. Machine is working, up and running and look like everything is fixed, booting fine from usb and sata now. Took the machine to my buddy, whilst dropping off xmas presents, so he could have a go at it......fixed it in like 5 mins. Has a read through this thread, and a wee call before i had went over with me.

Noticed this post
    upload_2021-12-12_21-55-35.png

Asked if i had tried it with any other than the base 32mb,512mb and 1gb options. I had not. So i got there, he fired into the bios, f9 to default it, fired on os optimisations, into the gpu settings, upped it to 64mb.....And nothing. Thought it was a lost cause, tried the ones i had, 512mb and 1gb.....and nothing. Changed to 128mb ...... and it booted :-O. Into the installer, installed windows, the drive booted.

Downloaded the latest bios. Flashed it, rebooted into bios. tried all options for output and it worked :-o. Been using it for the last few hours getting it updated and ready to go.

So looks like it was a weird bios glitch, but more than likely a setting i changed. Either way im happy. And i want to thank everyone who helped me diagnose it

spolsh, Arboreal and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Nice, I mentioned it because I had something similar with an install and igpu and changing the setting allowed the install, so long ago though I couldn't really remember the specifics.

stephen0205 likes this.
  6. creative

creative 500rwhp

Thats a new one on me.. didnt know you could change the igpu memory etc.... will add it to my list of random gotcha's!

stephen0205 likes this.
  7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I've ran into this issue on VM with desktop interfaces, trying to run them at higher resolutions. Wasn't expecting it to be a BIOS bug that would only work at a specific amount.

stephen0205 likes this.
  8. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Yeah tis a weird one, haven't seen the issue before

There was 2 options for it, one was for xp tho, and the other i only tried the 2 highest options, who knew lower mem on gpu would make it work and higher wouldnt

Noted for when i play with Vm's this week :)