Build Advice Older PC - Upgrade Time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by soopahfly, 23 Dec 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Ah OK so the next time you post in threads I'll keep posting stupid pictures and asking why you're angry shall I?

Was the opening post. Noting mostly - Suggestions? I'm not made of money and the fact that there's no mention in that post that he doesn't want an AMD CPU. I post a set of components taking time out of my day to try and help and I'm met with -

Which is just complete rubbish. It's more akin to something some knobbish teenager at PCworld would say. So I post some figures, the name calling begins.

Again, there's no mention at all in the OP that he doesn't want AMD.

Look over his opening post again, paying close attention to this line here -

I've overclocked the CPU to 2700, and the GFX to 950/1050 and it's helped a bit.

Bugger me, so overclocking is out then :rolleyes:

Really? so point out to me where in the OP it says "I don't want AMD" and "I'm adverse to overclocking". It doesn't. Nor does it say "Of a weekend I like to balance pineapples on my head whilst dancing The Lambada".

That was only said after the fact once the Intel brainwashing brigade (Otis the monkey) showed up.

Yes he did insult me. He then attempted to make me angry by deliberately posting stupid pictures to me and claiming "Why are you so angry".

I'm not angry, and never was. He's stupid and lacks intelligence, I've proven so and also proven that his claims are a load of crap.

As for my insults? I guess you don't see the irony. IE - if some one insults me and I insult them back I get a ****ing good laugh out of it when they start crying about it and complaining.

Last edited: 28 Dec 2013
  2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

All these Intel fan boys in this thread LOL

As an Ex AMD brother I feel for you Andy, I know the truth you speak of and completely agree in the heat and performance aspect. Indeed Intel can perform better but I'm not spending £400+ on a CPU. My 8350 did a great job with what was thrown at it - I do feel my dual 680's where holding it back never did get the chance to give the whole crossfire ago.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Votick don't feed him please, if you have read the thread you will see that this has not been constructive advice from either side of the fence.

This is almost a duplicate of the other threads where the same discussion or lack of discussian has taken place.

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Are you even reading OP's posts?

Take a hint.

Yes it is.

Last edited: 28 Dec 2013
  5. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Yup and they completely contradict what he said in his opening post.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

How?

Read again, he states he has overclocked his Q6600, is looking at i5/mobo varients and sli possibilities. Nothing more nothing less.

7. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Could we stop using 'monkey boy' as an insult. Think of the poor monkeys, with their name being used in a derogatory way.

Anywho, chillax people. No need for petty name calling **** slinging. Just post the facts - even dispute them of you want. But calling other people insults because of something they said on the internet just makes you look like a moron...

Sent from a far away land via tapatalk

8. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I'm not feeding anyone.

But this thread is not about a Steam Box.

More like I'm connecting my PC to my TV.
    In which case go ahead with a 3990K if you fancy.

In my view a SteamBox should be the smallest rig you can build that's quiet, heat efficient and blends in with the living room with the performance to run your games. And to do that you need an all in one jobby.
    Something that Sony, Microsoft and even Steam have all decided they get from AMD's APU's.

Yet because of those 3 letters people in this thread seem to slate and Andy is fighting the corner and blatantly being trolled.

And before I get branded as an AMD Fagget, You will see an i7 in my sig which overheats when copying films over my LAN & I do own 11U of Intel Xeons.

So not in any fanboy club.

Anyway...

*goes back to his Unix terminal* *type type type*

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Yes, that is essentially what this is, a pc connected to a TV. That is what the Beta steam boxes all are.

An all in one (I'm assuming apu) will not work for Windows, or linux gaming for that matter. Not if you want anything above low settings and 720p resolutions.

All the consoles have direct to metal coding, pc's have directx and opengl overheads. Thats why a console can get away with such low end hardware and a PC needs a bit more beef.

I don't think valve released any apu based steam machine beta's. Come to think of it no AMD graphics are supported on SteamOS by default.

The correct hardware and suitable cooling solutions should allow for quiet operation in a small form factor, living room suitable htpc case.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Sorry Votieck hugs.

APU's plus super fast memory=reasonably good gaming systems.

11. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Research before posting nonsense. Some of the amd apus will achieve playable fame rates at 1080p.

12. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Seriously?

Watch the door. Sorry OP your thread went south.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.