1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other On the tolerance of bugs in games and pricing

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 7 Dec 2013.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

If complexity of games have increased and the price is more less the same and the development cycle time is the same then something has to give ie quality. It's pretty much the speed quality price triangle.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Except they make more money from modern games than say 10 years ago, simple because more people buy games than yesteryear. So even though per unit cost has remained static the amount of units sold has dramatically increased.

3. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Typical game trailer has next-to-no in-game footage, all just cutscenes and BS, creating false impressions of what you might be getting yourself into. So having been sucked in, paid your £30+, not got what the adverts craftily led you to believe you were getting, and then find it's also buggy as hell, you should just take any bugs gratefully...?

HELLO? We're consumers, all we want is the product, not your ****ing 'well it's quite a complicated process actually' sob stories.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

This sums up my position on things perfectly.
    Again, sums up my feelings. I'm probably never going to play another COD type game as they are just the same thing over and over again.
    This is the counterargument to my original point I suppose - games are more mainstream now. This makes it increbily difficult for smaller developers however as they are being held up against huge, well developed companies.
    In my opinion, this is the attitude that could kill the industry. I'm not saying that we meekly accept anything handed to us, just that we're more supportive.