1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Open Rights Group to sue over DRIP Act

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 18 Jul 2014.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

OK, all I said was: "I don't think it's apathy. I just think that people have more immediate worries going on in their lives (such as...)".

You claim this aims to provoke an argument. You claim it aims to prove I'm right and you're wrong. You complain my explanation is too long-winded. You claim it is belittling, and treats people like ignoramuses.

Dude, you're projecting. I don't know what your problem is, but it's got nothing to do with me.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

No. What i claim provokes an argument is when you decided to accuse people of wanting to "attribute a descriptive label help them to understand people's attitudes and behaviours"
    and then to go on post after post, even after you yourself said "I stand corrected: gravitysmacked indeed introduced the term"

Like i said you seem intent on starting an argument, yet again. Even going to the extent of claiming that people are projecting, claiming they have a problem, arguing who said what, or the meaning of words, or how people just don't understand so you need to explain it to them, and even after repeated attempts by myself to get back to the OT you seem intent to instead use this thread as your own personal grandstand.

And when did you say you didn't think it was apathy ?

3. Nexxo

My point exactly: I did not accuse anybody of anything. Where did that come from? :confused: I gave an explanation for people's attitude and behaviour. You said: "So it's apathy" (twice). I said: "No, it's that they have more immediate worries to think about. And anyway, just labeling attitudes or behaviours isn't helpful in understanding them."

Then you keep going on about how I am rambling and going off-topic while I keep saying: "Dude, you asked what I disagreed with. I replied. Why are we still going on about this?"

And again: why are we still going on about this?

I'm not continuing this disagreement because it is going way off-topic. Let's steer this thread back on course.

4. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

Chill Corky. You're doing yourself no favours by carrying this argument on.

BTW, in post #8, in response to you saying
    Nexxo said

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

From here...
    And here...
    And here...
    And some of those were even after you said it wasn't me that first used the "apathy" label

And i gave the dictionary definition of what apathy is...
    And even said the reason for it are open to debate, such as they have more important things to worry about, but for one reason or another people have things that they are more interested in, or are more concerned with, like putting food on the plate.

No. i said...
    And i only asked what you were disagreeing with after you falsely accused me of introducing the term "apathy" and that i was putting words into your mouth.

Because like i said, you are arguing about the meaning of words, as normal.
    Priority: Precedence, especially established by order of importance or urgency.
    Apathy: Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.
    Concern: To be of interest or importance to.

So like i said the reasons for peoples lack of concern are open to debate.
    But you seem more concerned with starting an argument, and going on for 20 posts just because you believe a lack of interest or concern is somehow different than what importance people place on things, or lack thereof.

You mean as i have been trying to do for the last 10+ posts when i said...

6. Nexxo

Are we back on topic yet? :p

7. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

So it appears that the current governments policies are thus:

1) Dumb down the people. They seem to love this Cowell chap and his vast entourage of misfits.Give them meaningless games to consume the time they have left to think, when they are not paying taxes.Hay Day anyone?
    2) Restrict education/resources to those that can afford them (preference should be given to upper class families within the area of the home counties)
    3) Destroy the aspirations of the nation. (Only the Rich should actually own property, the other 95% of population will be offered favourable rental terms)
    4) Make assisted suicide legal. A recent report by the ONS states that we will save billions if people who are long term ill are morally allowed to die.Get the General Synod involved, that should speed things up.
    5) Take away press/media powers, make it illegal to report anything adverse about the ruling classes and their minions.(Make sure we protect Rebecca Brookes, because Uncle Dave has been giving her one and we don't want that to go tats up).
    6) Give large corporations the authority to fleece the consumer without any comeback, providing that we get our cut of course.(Time Warner and HBO are very excited about this new venture).
    7) Keep the people chained with green taxes and further promote the effects of global warming and climate change to keep the treasury buzzing along.
    8) Sell all the green field sites that were previously occupied by shabby, filthy hospitals and outdated schools.( Make sure that these sites are quantified for fracking prior to sale).
    9) Privatise the prison service, and adopt an American model of "Working off your debt to society". This would provide new impetus to the transport budget, if we could get them digging trenches for HS1 or the new London orbital.
    10) At every opportunity we must refer to the people of Britain as Citizens, this will work as a subliminal submission and will further undermine the peoples perceived worth.

PS: A vote for The Green Party is a wasted vote on the premise that they will perpetuate the whole climate change con......you have got to love the cheek of it all.

8. Nexxo

You forgot about privatisation of health, social and national services.

9. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Ah! Bugga.
    As you well know, parties can change the parameters of their pre election premise without prior notice. :)

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Not only are ORG taking the government to court over DRIP, but it seems a couple of MP's are doing the same.

Drip surveillance law faces legal challenge by MPs
    Tom Watson and David Davis apply for judicial review of 'emergency' legislation, which was rushed through parliament. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/22/drip-surveillance-law-legal-challenge-civil-liberties-campaigners

11. JohnRogers24

JohnRogers24 What's a Dremel?

Hopefully something good comes from this.