1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Orac³ - Part 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by G-gnome, 22 Dec 2003.

1. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Well, you want ideas eh Gnome :hip: well I have a couple for ya...

1. As for the sides of the case, highlight them with some nice retro-futeristic pattern of neon green plexi. The sides of the case are pretty bland compared to the rest of this mod... So do something a bit original and put some plexi (and maybe some chromed panels) Onto the side. Everyone does something to reveal their PC's guts; make something for the sides that draws your attention to that :thumb:

2. Electronics modding. Zapwizard popularized it, and now making custom circuitry for custom case effects is one of the most hip things to do to your case. So do something special. The Blakes 7 Orac had flashing lights. Now give the Orac 3 what it wants :D

One final suggestion... Get moving! :hehe:

2. wraith

wraith What's a Dremel?

Pump

Since the main Orac thread is closed and posting there would give a number of people a heart attack anyway, I post this here and hope the G-gnome reads this thread.

Hi G-gnome! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I really like what you did to the Eheim 1250 and the Aquacomputer FMJ Pump casing, but have you seen this baby?

[​IMG]

This is a C-Systems CSP750. It's a 12 Volt pump with an anodized aluminum body.
    To me this screams, "G-gnome, chrome me!" :D

It's a wee bit smaller than a standard pump, :D as you can see here:

[​IMG]

You can also get the CSP-X2, which consists of two CSP750 on a mounting plate, ready to be used in series or parallel.

[​IMG]

There is a nice review of the pump in single and dual mode on Systemcooling.

Keep up the great work and I hope you are going to do an update soon.

wraith.

Last edited: 23 May 2004
  3. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

lol please guys, don't tell the master how to do it, I'm sure he'll do fine on his own ... just see how far he came without your support, huh? :rolleyes:

good luck Mr Gnome! :thumb:

btw I'd like to thank you for creating your mod and posting it here, it was the link to your project that brought me here in the first place :hehe:
    cheers!

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Its that kind of attitude that ruins the whole point of having commentable progress logs :( G-Gnome is a very skilled case modder. But he still wants ideas dude! Flattery doesnt accomplish anything other than ego inflation. Besides, if people know something he doesnt, Im sure he would want to know about it; especially if it would make this project better. :) Well, thats my two cents on it. Happy modding everyone! :dremel:

5. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

well, forget it... there was a big offtopic essay here to explain my choice of words but it's not worth anyones time. sorry for that previous post I just found all the help offers kinda ironic.
    let's go back ontopic

Last edited: 24 May 2004
  6. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I saw these the other day and they look great , it looks like one kind forum member will be trying to get some in stock in their store for others who want one

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=59166

7. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Nice pump wraith! :)

Yes there will be an article/update (i.e. finished case) within a couple of weeks.

It's kinda ironic reading suggestions saying the sides of the case look bland - that's because I hadn't finished it lol! They look anything but bland now ;)

Thanks for the support to date guys, the wait should be worth it when you see the finished product.

8. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

can we hold you to that? :lol:

glad to hear shes finally got finished g-gnome! :thumb:

RoB

9. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I think you can.

:)

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

A few weeks :D

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

speaking on behalf of the staff, we can't wait for this either :D

I think the server might want to wait a bit though, it's taking a good caining today :hehe: :hip:

12. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

i agree with atomic, :D

RoB

13. el_mago8

el_mago8 What's a Dremel?

Flipante ORAC 3

Wow!!!
    I just would like to congratulate the owner of ORAC, it is just an unbelievable design, I have no words in english to express myself. I just would like to find the very first article and see how did everything started.
    Im a begginer modder working in my first proyect, and this kind of work is really encouragiing

14. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

Welcome to bit-tech! Great to have another keen modder here on our forums :rock:

Good luck with your modding, remember to take time and care over things, rushing often doesn't help matters! Don't forget to post your goings on for us all to see over in the modding/project logs forums, there's some great mods in the project log forum that are more than an inspiration to me... I don't do case modding myself anymore, but some of the things that are being created in the project logs forum are an inspiriation for me to start all over again! If only I had the time :D

Enjoy your stay man! :thumb:

16. unclean

unclean SMP obsessive

bigz; whats with the 700+ peoples in the project logs section today?!

was that all traffic from the (amazing) hl2 mod?

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

yes, and it peaked at 2012 unique users on the forums at one particular time ;)

more here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=59385

We had a good slashdotting, and survived :D

18. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Is today the day?! Only a few days left now in the 'two week promise'. Hope to see it soon m8.

19. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Check this out...

Teaser Thread

Mod is finished. Pics taken. In the process of writing it up. :)

20. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

G-Gnome, in the world of modding, you are a God among men. :thumb: Now hurry up and finish that article! ;)

Tags: Add Tags